All sports, all schools, one blog.
BloggersLaura Albanese Mike Gavin Stephen Haynes Bob Herzog Jordan Lauterbach Gene Morris Will Sammon Jason Stromberg
County finals: How you voted
There are officially eight new football county champions after last week. That can only mean one thing: the LICs (and the CHSFL finals) are just around the corner.
As we have done all postseason long, we asked you to vote on each game from last week. Now that each game ins in the record book, here’s how you voted.
|GAME||HIGHER SEED VOTES||LOWER SEED VOTES||ACTUAL RESULT|
|(1) Farmingdale vs. (3) Baldwin||292||159||(1) Farmingdale, 21-9|
|(1) Lawrence vs. (3) Plainedge||317||66||(1) Lawrence, 54-21|
|(1) St. Anthony's vs (4) St. Joseph by the Sea||124||34||(1) St. Anthony's, 35-8|
|(2) Iona Prep va. (3) Chaminade||46||103||(3) Chaminade, 41-16|
|(4) Kellenberg vs. (6) St. John the Baptist||89||79||(6) St. John the Baptist, 34-18|
|(4) Floyd vs. (6) Sachem East||151||45||(4) Floyd, 61-27|
|(1) Garden City vs. (3) Wantagh||139||45||(1) Garden City, 21-17|
|(3) Roosevelt vs. (4) Valley Stream North||115||45||(3) Roosevelt, 26-21|
|(1) Sayville vs. (3) Westhampton||143||33||(1) Sayville, 36-7|
|(2) Riverhead vs. (5) North Babylon||116||53||(2) Riverhead, 52-20|
|(1) Babylon vs. (2) Mt. Sinai||110||46||(1) Babylon, 21-7|
A few quick hits from the data:
- Overall, readers went 10-1 for an incredible 90.9% winning percentage. That was a huge increase from last week’s 9-11 record, and boosts the overall playoff winning percentage up to 70.9% (44-18).
- Readers had the same record for the week as Gregg Sarra and Bob Herzog (who both went 10-1), and picked better than Andy Slawson (9-2) and Laura Albanese (7-4).
- The only game that readers incorrectly picked was the CHSAA semifinal between fourth-seeded Kellenberg and sixth-seeded St. John the Baptist. Readers voted for Kellenberg, 89-79, but St. John the Baptist came away with the 34-18 upset.
- On the other hand, readers correctly called No. 3 Chaminade’s 41-16 upset over second-seeded Iona Prep.
- For the second straight week, readers had the most confidence in Lawrence, as the Golden Tornado pulled in 317 votes to Plainedge’s 66. By percentages, Lawrence pulled in 82.7% of the total vote for that game, and the 65.5% percentage differential wa the highest of the week.
Want to vote on the four LICs and the two CHSFL finals this weekend? Click here, and let us know who you think will win. Happy voting!