All sports, all schools, one blog.
BloggersLaura Albanese Mike Gavin Stephen Haynes Bob Herzog Jordan Lauterbach Gene Morris Will Sammon Jason Stromberg
Long Island Top 10 girls hoops rankings
1. St. Mary's (10-3): McKayla Hernandez scored 13 and Charlotte Renker had 11 points and four rebounds in a 56-40 win over New Mission in the Rose Classic Super Jam at Bishop Ford. Jordan Augustus scored 11 points in a 53-31 win over Sacred Heart
2. St. Anthony's (10-4): Taylor Good had 13 points and five assists and freshman Alyssa Torres added 10 points in a 59-35 win over Our Lady of Mercy. Charise Wilson had 13 points and eight rebounds and Kalifa Davy added 10 points in a 62-35 win over Sacred Heart.
3. Long Island Lutheran (9-3): Boogie Brozoski and Cansu Atali scored 12 points in a 70-51 win over Francis Lewis. Staci Barrett added 10 points and seven rebounds. Brozoski had 25 points and eight assists and Kaela Hilaire added 10 points and six assists in a 65-55 win over JFK Patterson in the Rose Classic Super Jam at Bishop Ford.
4. St. John the Baptist (8-7): Lauren Williams had 24 points, five steals and three assists and Lauren Parra added eight points and 14 rebounds in a 61-37 win over Kellenberg. Williams had 12 points and five assists while Kayla Hill had nine points and eight rebounds in a 48-32 win over Our Lady of Mercy.
5. Harborfields (11-1): Bridgit Ryan had 25 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists in an 86-14 win over Rocky Point.
6. Massapequa (10-0): Lauren VanBuren had 17 points with 12 rebounds in a 52-38 win over Oceanside.
7. Commack (10-1): Sophomore Chelsea Schultz had a career-high 19 points and senior Brittany Botticelli had a career-high 15 points in a 56-40 win over Longwood. Schultz had 14 points and 14 rebounds in a 39-32 win over Sachem East.
8. Sachem East (8-2): Katie Doherty had 16 points and Kathleen Everson had 13 points in a 42-31 win over Brentwood. Doherty scored 12 in a 39-32 loss to Commack.
9. North Shore (11-1): : Caroline Robertson scored a school-record 32 points to lead North Shore in a 77-43 win over Valley Stream South. She also had 13 rebounds, eight assists, six steals and three blocks. Alexandra Cantwell had 16 points, 14 rebounds and 12 steals and Seventh grader Gabby Zafiro added 10 points, nine rebounds, and nine steals in a 62-32 win over Manhasset.
10. Whitman (10-2): Senior Kelly Bilodeau scored her 1,000th point and finished the game with 13 points in a 52-20 win over Connetquot. Bilodeau had 20 points and 10 rebounds to lead Whitman in a 61-43 win over Lindenhurst. Katira Jemmott added 15 points, all of which came in the first half.