More than 20 Long Island business leaders have thrown their hats into the ring as boxers in the 12th annual Long Island Fight for Charity.
The names of the 26 white-collar boxers, the highest number of volunteer brawlers in the fundraising event's history, were announced Tuesday night at the Stonebridge Golf Links ... Country Club in Smithtown.
Since its founding in 2003, the event has drawn more than 180 participants, raising nearly $1 million for charities.
"It's about networking, eating, having a drink, raising money and watching someone in the ring box and have a good time," said Fight for Charity co-founder Matt Silver, who is chief executive and president of Ultimate Class Limousine and Ground Transportation Worldwide in Hicksville.
The Fight for Charity Main Event is slated for November, where more than 1,200 spectators are expected to attend, and more than $200,000 is expected to be raised for local charities, including the Long Island Community Chest, The Genesis School, and Family Residences and Essential Enterprises Inc.
Last year's event, which had fewer participants, raised more than $75,000 for local groups.
To participate, corner-office and cubicle contenders must commit to roughly six months of gym training in advance of the event. Each fighter must also raise a minimum of $5,000 through sponsors and ticket sales.
Participants must wear protective headgear, and winners aren't named in the bouts. Matchups will be announced sometime in October, a spokeswoman said.
2015 LONG ISLAND FIGHT FOR CHARITY BOXERS
* Vincent "Stringbean" Accardi of Lake Grove, director of corporate partnerships at Stony Brook University athletics
* Omar "The Finisher" Alvarez of Huntington, general sales manager at Atlantic Auto Group in Seaford
* Paul "Lights Out" Bartoszewski of East Northport, senior operations analyst at Sugar Foods Corp. in Manhattan
* Luis "Wild Card" Batres of Franklin Square, audit associate at PriceWaterHouseCooper LLP in Melville
* Dr. John "The Blood Pressure" Boccio of Plainview, family practice physician in Bethpage
* Chuck "The Bulldog" Campagna of Huntington Station, logistics/operations director at Napco Security Technologies in Amityville
* Michael "All Business" Dellaquila of Locust Valley, financial consultant for Diversified Wealth in Locust Valley
* Matthew "El Fuego" Galiano of Mineola, co-owner and chief technology officer of TCI Technologies in Mineola
* Michael "Machine Gun Mike" Graziose of Locust Valley, vice president of Graziose Plumbing and Heating Inc., and The Valley Fireplace in Locust Valley
* Cathleen "The Rock" Healey of Garden City, chief financial officer at Jonis Realty/Citi-Urban Management Corp. in Great Neck
* Laurette "The Warrior" Holst of Lindenhurst, general manager of UFC Gym in Huntington
* Filippo "Triple F" aka "Fat Free Fili" Impennato of Franklin Square, director of business development at Fat Guy Media Group in Mineola
* Rhonda "Master of Financial Disaster" Klch of Mount Sinai, president at Equity First LLC in Coram
* Ron "The Mazzacutioner" Mazza of Northport, chiropractor at Synergy Multicare Professionals in Westbury
* Sinai "The Mountain" Megibow of Commack, investigative counsel, private investigator, founding partner of Radius in Melville
* Lisa "The Diva" Mongelluzzo of Huntington, retail manager at Victoria's Secret in Huntington
* Ian "The Lucky Charm" Murphy of Garden City, sales consultant at Trinet in Melville
* Andrew "Timeless Classic" Nerone of Syosset, U.S. managing director at Paladin Solutions Group in Syosset
* Jamie "The Trainer" O'Mara of Huntington, personal trainer / Suffolk County Police Department crossing guard
* Matthew "Mayhem" Perez of Farmingdale, director of operations at the Stonebridge Country Club in Smithtown
* Todd "King of the Ring" Ringler of Lindenhurst, president of Calm Waters Consulting and Business Valuation in Lindenhurst
* Michael "The Litigator" Romano of Franklin Square, attorney at Romano ... Associates in Garden City
* Craig "The Machine" Simon in Dix Hills, senior managing director at Crystal ... Co. in Manhattan
* Peter "The Kings Park Krusher" Stein in Kings Park, sales executive at Lorraine Gregory Communications in Farmingdale
* Brendan "The Showstopper" Sweeney of East Islip, major accounts and wide format specialist at Doctor Print in Hauppauge
* Susan "Super Sue" Vaughan of Locust Valley, direct marketing manager at Lufthansa German Airlines in East Meadow