Long Island places we loved
You teased your hair (maybe put up your mohawk), put on your spandex and headed to a hot spot every Friday night. Or maybe you were one to rise early Saturday morning and shop at a local branch of a beloved chain store. Or maybe you were too young for either of those things, and you just liked to play at the neighborhood amusement center. These places are closed, but your memories are forever. Take a stroll down Long Island's memory lane with us.
(Dates in parentheses indicate date photo was taken).
COMMENT: Tell us about your disco nights, rock revelries, new wave carousing, fond childhood flashbacks and, naturally, Long Island reminiscences.
- | View all
User rating:(52) Click to rate
More in Business
- Searching LI for a furnished rental?
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- Searching for a short sale on LI?
- Most expensive homes for sale on Long Island
- Searching for a home with an unusual fireplace?
- Vince Camuto's $48M-plus Southampton home in contract
- Weird, clever Long Island license plates
- Holiday shopping starts early on LI
- Long Island homes for sale for $350,000
- Walt Whitman mall unveils renovated look
- Looking for a cupola with your LI home?
- Searching for a ranch to rent on Long Island?
- If you want a home for $375,000
- Jose Reyes $4.495M Manhasset listing
- LI's top real estate agents of 2013
- 2013 Concours D'Elegance at Americana Manhasset
- Buying a Sandy-renovated home
- Long Island and New York City's top photos Multi-team dual meet at Connetquot
- Farmingdale swimming hosts event for SPLASH Your Instagram, Twitter snow photos
- New York City parties 28 signs you're from Nassau
- Shoreham-Wading River vs. Mt. Sinai Half Hollow Hills West vs. Bellport
- LI sports figures who had a memorable 2013 100 things every kid should do on LI
- Guess who: LI celebrity yearbook photos LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- Top 10 Long Island crime stories in 2013 LI car accidents
- LI girl battling leukemia gets dream bedroom Long Island in the UFC: 2013 in review
- LI notable deaths Help find these lost LI pets
- 30 signs you're from Suffolk 300-yard rushers in Long Island history
- Tanker explosion in Bellmore LI pets pose with Santa
- Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories President Barack Obama