Free app and tips to help protect little ghosts and goblins.
Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) October 28, 2015
Halloween is one of the most anticipated nights of the year. Parents go to great lengths to prepare the perfect costume for a memorable night of trick-or-treating and parties. AlertID, the nationwide neighborhood safety network, wants to ensure that your Halloween will also be a safe one by offering its free app and tips on how families can help keep kids safe while trick-or-treating.
“A safe Halloween is a Happy Halloween. By preparing more than just the kids’ costumes before the big day, using AlertID can help ensure that it will be the best day possible,” said Keli Wilson, AlertID Founder and mother of three.
Halloween Safety Tips:
- Parents can review the safety of their trick-or-treat route in advance by registering for a free AlertID account and smartphone app. Once enrolled, members are able to view an interactive map displaying crimes and sex offenders currently in their neighborhoods and can receive alerts and updated information for as many locations as they choose.
- Children should wear reflective tape on their costumes and carry flashlights or glow sticks when trick-or-treating.
- Children should always trick-or-treat under the supervision of a trusted adult or teenager.
- Only approach homes that are well-lit, both inside and out.
- Instruct children never to enter a home without parental permission.
- An adult should always accompany younger children all the way to the door of the home when trick-or-treating.
- In the event a stranger grabs them, instruct children to yell, “This person is trying to take me!” or “This is not my mother/father!” and to resist by pulling, walking, or running away.
- Stay connected with your neighbors by using AlertID’s virtual neighborhood watch. Members may post an alert to their neighbors when they see something suspicious.
For more information and other tips to protect children, visit http://www.alertid.com/search/crimes-against-children.asp. For a free AlertID account and to learn more about how AlertID helps to protect families and bring neighbors together, visit http://www.AlertID.com.
AlertID, the nationwide neighborhood safety network, is available online as well as on your smartphone to help protect families by providing the information you need to keep your kids safe. Members are able to view an interactive map displaying crimes and sex offenders currently in their selected neighborhoods and can receive alerts and information for multiple locations such as their homes, schools or offices that include: law enforcement emergency alerts, crime and sex offender alerts, prevention tips and much more. Additionally, the app acts as a virtual neighborhood watch where members can share photos and information regarding suspicious activity with neighbors.
The AlertID mobile app is available for download on iTunes or the Android market. To sign up for an AlertID account or for more information, please go to http://www.AlertID.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/10/prweb13047826.htm