The latest DocAve release improves business productivity with new SharePoint management capabilities as well as faster migration to Microsoft Office 365
Jersey City, NJ (PRWEB) October 13, 2015
AvePoint, the established leader in enabling enterprise collaboration across platforms and devices, today announced the general availability of DocAve 6 Service Pack (SP) 6. With this release, organizations can provide their business users with the tools to work more efficiently in Microsoft SharePoint better support users moving to Office 365.
DocAve 6 Service Pack (SP) 6: Centralized and Efficient SharePoint Management and Protection
As a fully integrated platform, DocAve enables centralized or delegated management of SharePoint farms hosted on premises, or in private and public clouds such as Office 365 and Microsoft Azure. DocAve enables organizations to increase business productivity, reduce total cost of ownership, provide IT assurance, and enable security and compliance for business content. New features available in DocAve 6 SP 6 include:
- Real-Time Response to Policy Violations: With DocAve Administrator, organizations can immediately identify and automatically block unauthorized modifications of SharePoint environments before they occur through real time rules enforcement and end user notifications, allowing administrators to take a more proactive approach to SharePoint security and configuration management.
- Simplify Line-of-Business Application Deployment with Patterns: Many organizations build and maintain highly-configured SharePoint templates to serve specific business purposes. With DocAve Deployment Manager, organizations can simplify the deployment of SharePoint customizations and line-of-business applications by creating patterns that can be moved along the development lifecycle and deployed to as many production destinations as necessary to keep projects moving forward. Organizations can also create new version of patterns and retroactively apply changes to existing patterns at once.
- Eliminate IT Disruption with End User Restores: With DocAve Backup and Restore, end users now have the option restore content from both full platform and granular backups directly to their live environment through the SharePoint interface, reducing both IT and business disruption.
SharePoint High Speed Migration to Office 365
AvePoint also announced the ability to rapidly migrate to Microsoft’s cloud with DocAve High Speed Migration for Office 365. By integrating with Microsoft’s new SharePoint Online Migration API and Azure technologies, DocAve High Speed Migration enables organizations to migrate and deploy SharePoint Online and Office 365 with speeds up to five times faster than before – overcoming potential issues including bandwidth, throttling, physical distance, network latency, and information security concerns. Additional benefits of DocAve High Speed Migration include:
- Full Fidelity Migration: DocAve’s unique data transfer allows organizations to granularly protect the structure, metadata, design elements, and security settings of all content for migrations to Office 365. DocAve High Speed Migration simplifies the migration process by automating the construction of new SharePoint environments and performing multi-thread uploads directly to Azure through Azure Express Route or via drive shipping.
- Secure and Compliant Migration: Organizations can ensure the security of business critical content by encrypting data packages with BitLocker prior to migration. For additional security and performance improvements, organizations can utilize secure drive shipping for high speed migration to the nearest Microsoft Data Center.
“Across industries and in organizations of all sizes, SharePoint has continued to evolve into a business critical platform where collaboration happens and work gets done,” said John Peluso, Senior Vice President of Product Strategy, AvePoint. “With these new features for DocAve, organizations can ensure that business teams will always have access to the tools they need to get their job done along with the confidence that their information is well managed and protected both in the cloud and on premises.”
For more information on how AvePoint increases end user productivity in SharePoint and enables migration to Office 365 at the speed of now and, please visit our website.
AvePoint is the established leader in enabling enterprise collaboration across platforms and devices. Focusing on helping enterprises in their digitization journey to enable their information workers to collaborate with confidence, AvePoint is first to market with a unique solution that centralizes access and control of information assets residing in disparate collaboration and document management systems on-premises and in the cloud. AvePoint solutions and services aim to bring together business, IT, as well as compliance and risk officers to serve key business objectives such as big data, cloud integration, compliance, enterprise content management, and mobile data access monitoring.
Founded in 2001 and based out of Jersey City, NJ, AvePoint serves over 14,000 organizations and 3 million Office 365 users in five continents across all industry sectors, with focused practices in the energy and utilities; financial services; healthcare and pharmaceuticals; and public sector industries. AvePoint is a Microsoft Global ISV Partner, Gold Certified Collaboration and Content Partner, Gold Certified Cloud Platform Partner, winner of the Microsoft Partner of the Year Award for Collaboration and Content in 2015 and Public Safety and National Security in 2014, as well as a US Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships. AvePoint is privately held and backed by Goldman Sachs.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/AvePoint/DocAve6andHSM/prweb13014688.htm