Week-long event series focused on design, technology, science and business will help attendees Level Up! their skills.
PASADENA, Calif. (PRWEB) October 14, 2015
Innovate Pasadena http://www.innovatepasadena.org/ an organization committed to advancing greater Pasadena as a center of technology and design innovation, presents Connect Week 2015, a series of independently organized seminars, workshops, and social events unfolding at venues across Pasadena throughout the week of October 19-25. Attendees will level up their innovation game and learn about design trends, local startups, the future of biotech, hardware hacking, drone video making, and successful entrepreneurship from industry leaders in the region.
“In only two years, Innovate Pasadena has produced more than 300 events bringing together more than 15,000 people focused on innovation in the greater Pasadena area. Last year’s collaborators brought together 5,000 individuals for the 2014 Connect Week events alone ” said Mike Giardello, president of Innovate Pasadena. “We’re thrilled to bring back Connect Week for the second year and are focused on helping attendees level up their skills, be it networking, coding or something brand new, in 2015.”
Connect Week will feature 40 events from more than 35 collaborators ranging from kids learning to networking, to drone video making, bioscience and more! A few of the signature happenings throughout Connect Week include:
- Level Up! Block Party - Thu Oct 22 | 6:00pm-9:00pm | $10 (includes 1 drink + appetizers) - Innovate Pasadena is taking over an alley in downtown Pasadena and serving up beer, bratwurst, and retro video games. During the event, Innovate Pasadena will announce the winners of the Epic Failures Competition. Buy Tickets at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/level-up-block-party-tickets-18773822007
- Hackers, Makers & Entrepreneurs - Mon Oct 19 | 7:00pm-10:00pm | Free - Four short talks from local makers who have turned their passion into their business. Hear about their trials and tribulations, plus have a chance to meet other hardware hackers and local engineers. RSVP via http://ipcw.hackaday.io/ip
- Life Science in Pasadena: Today and Tomorrow – Thurs Oct 22 | 3:00 – 5:00 pm | Free - Pasadena Bioscience Collaborative presents an overview and discussion on the present and future of biotech as well as a detailed plan to strengthen the LA region’s bioscience eco-system and unlock its vast potential, featuring Dr. Marie Csete, president and chief scientist, HMRI, Dr. Pamela Eversole-Cire, director, Biological Technology Program, PCC and Bruce Blomstorm, president, PBC. Free Registration at http://pasadenabiotech.eventbrite.com/
- Enterprise UX – Fri Oct 23 | 4:00pm-6:00pm | Free – Three User Experience specialists from ADP’s new Innovation Center in Pasadena will be sharing their expertise on how to stay creative in a large enterprise organization, followed by panel discussion and Q&A. Free Registration at http://bit.ly/1ja5cz2
- More to Explore: A Space Celebration with Bill Nye – Sat Oct 24 | 7:30pm-9:00pm | $27 to $97 – Join everyone’s favorite comedic science educator, Bill Nye the Science Guy and friends for a night of reveling in the passion, beauty, and joy of space exploration. Buy Tickets at http://www.planetary.org/get-involved/events/2015/more-to-explore.html
Individuals interested in attending Connect Week can view the entire list of events and more information at http://connectpasadena.com/
Epic Failures Competition
After chronicling their stories about turning early failures into ultimate successes, five LA-area entrepreneurs have been selected as finalists for the Epic Failures Competition. One grand prize winner ($5,000 prize) will be selected by an esteemed panel of judges and one People’s Choice winner will be selected by public vote. All finalists will be presented at the Level Up! Block party where the two winners will be announced.
The Epic Failures Competition Finalists are:
- Ecliptic Enterprises Corporation
- Evolution Robotics
To submit your vote for the Epic Failures People’s Choice winner visit https://innovatepasadena.skild.com/vote. Voting will remain open until 5:00 pm on Wednesday, October 21. *Those who submit an online vote for the Epic Failures Competition People’s Choice winner will receive a code for a free ticket to the Level Up! Block party on Thursday, October 22.
ABOUT INNOVATE PASADENA
INNOVATE PASADENA is a community organization committed to advancing greater Pasadena as a center of technology and design innovation by promoting collaboration across business and education to attract companies, entrepreneurs, innovators and capital to the broader community. For more information, visit http://www.innovatepasadena.org/.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/10/prweb13023724.htm