The Nation’s Top 25 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and Diversity Councils were honored at the 7th Annual ERG & Council Honors Award™ dinner and ceremony held last night at the 2015 ERG & Council Conference in Alexandria, Virginia. Northern Trust's Advancing Professionals Resource Council took top honors followed by the National Guard Bureau's Joint Diversity Executive Council and the American Airlines Diversity Advisory Council.
Alexandria, Virginia (PRWEB) October 15, 2015
The ERG & Council Honors Award™ is part of the annual ERG & Council Conference presented by diversity and inclusion training and consulting firm PRISM International, Inc., and its practice group the Association of ERGs & Councils. “ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital links for improving organizational results," said Linda Stokes, President and CEO of PRISM and last night’s co-master of ceremonies. "They need opportunities to improve and grow by learning and sharing best practices, gaining important insights, knowledge and skills to increase their impact and effectiveness. They also need to be recognized and awarded for the contribution and results. This is the purpose behind the annual Conference and Honors Award,” concluded Stokes.
In its seventh year, the prestigious ERG & Council Honors Award™ recognizes and awards the outstanding contributions and achievements of U.S. ERGs and Diversity Councils that lead organizational diversity processes and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace. "There was a record participation of 538 ERGs, BRGs and Councils this year. This is certainly the most competitive and exciting field to date," stated Debbie Smith Rayford, Executive Director of the Association and last night’s co-master of ceremonies.
Award recipients included a diverse combination of corporations, governmental agencies and not for profits representing various sectors, geographies and organization sizes. The 2015 ERG & Council Honors Award™ recipients (by rank):
1. Advancing Professionals Resource Council (APRC) - Northern Trust
2. Joint Diversity Executive Council (JDEC) - National Guard Bureau (NGB)
3. Diversity Advisory Council - American Airlines
4. Proud to Serve - U.S. Bank
5. Diversity Advisory Councils - TriHealth
6. Employee Resource Groups' Council - General Motors
7. Flexible Work Employee Network (FWEN) - State Street Corporation
8. Diversity Council - Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center (JHBMC)
9. Proud LGBTA EBRG Louisville Chapter - PNC Bank
10. United Resource Group for Equality (URGE) - TriHealth
11. Customer Care Center Diversity and Inclusion Council - PNC Bank
12. Association of Latinos at MassMutual and Allies (ALMMA) - Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual
13. Diversity and Inclusion Team - Citizens Energy Group
14. Diversity & Inclusion Council - Carolinas HealthCare System
15. Diversity Councils - Comcast NBCUniversal
16. Big “I” Diversity Task Force - Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America, Inc.
17. ClinicPride Employee Resource Group - Cleveland Clinic
18. Women of AT&T - AT&T
19. Corporate Diversity Council - NextEra Energy, Inc.
20. Joint Corporate Social Responsibility Council - MGM Resorts International
21. Women in Leadership Business Resource Council (WIL) -Northern Trust
22. Network of Empowered Women (NEW) - Progressive Insurance
23. SALUD - Cleveland Clinic
24. Business Resource Groups - Johnson Controls
25. USA Diversity & Inclusion Council - Siemens
“We are excited about the twenty six percent increase in this year's applications, attendance and sponsorship. It shows that more organizations are appreciating how critical diversity and inclusion initiatives are to their future development and survival," said Smith Rayford.
To qualify for the ERG & Council Honors Award™, ERGs and Diversity Councils must be in operation for at least two years and have demonstrated significant contributions and achievements in four categories: Demonstrated Results; Demonstrated Management Commitment; Measurement and Accountability; and, Communication and Education. Every applicant receives their results in their complimentary Application Summary Report that provides feedback and information that will enhance their performance and increase their value to the organization they serve. This is an open application process with no cost or obligation. Membership with the Association of ERGs & Councils is not required.
The 2016 ERG & Council Honors Award application process opens in February, 2016. "Due to the tremendous interest and participation in the annual ERG & Council Conference, the 2016 conference will be held October 20th and 21st at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas," said Stokes.
For more information about the ERG & Council Honors Award or the ERG & Council Conference, visit ERGCouncilConference.com.
About the ERG & Council Honors Award™
The ERG & Council Honors Award™ is the only annual national award that recognizes, honors and celebrates the outstanding contributions and achievements of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and Diversity Councils that lead the diversity and inclusion process in their organizations and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace. Learn more by visiting ERG & Council Honors Award™.
About the ERG & Council Conference™
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and Diversity Councils are vital links for improving organizational results. However to remain impactful and effective, they need opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge and to learn and share best practices. They need opportunities to network, celebrate and grow. This is the purpose of the only annual conference designed specifically for ERGs and Diversity Councils. Learn more by visiting ERG Council Conference.
About PRISM International, Inc
PRISM is a WBENC-certified, full-service provider of innovative and proven consulting, training and products for leveraging diversity and inclusion, increasing cross-cultural competencies and creating more effective ERGs and Diversity Councils. Learn more by visiting PRISM.
About the Association of ERGs & Councils
The Association of ERGs & Councils is a practice group of PRISM and the premier resource for diversity and inclusion professionals dedicated to increasing the impact, effectiveness and recognition of ERGs and Diversity Councils as an essential partner in their organization's diversity and inclusion process. Learn more by visiting the Association.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/10/prweb13016944.htm