G2 Crowd finds MongoDB tops satisfaction ratings and earns highest overall market presence score
Chicago (PRWEB) June 15, 2016
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, today released the Spring 2016 Document Databases Software Grid report to help businesses make the best document database technology decision. MongoDB was named a Leader in the report, receiving strong customer satisfaction scores with a large market presence.
RethinkDB was named a High Performer in the report, earning strong customer satisfaction marks with a smaller market presence score. MongoDB earned the highest overall satisfaction score and the highest overall market presence score.
The Grid leverages customer satisfaction data reported by authenticated users along with vendor market presence determined from social and public data. Based on a combination of these scores, each software solution is categorized as a Leader, High Performer, Contender or Niche.
- Opaque data — Across products, reviewers complained of difficulty accessing and querying their data. Query languages were rated generally low at 78 percent satisfaction on average.
- Support falters — Document database companies were split in regards to quality of support, with three products in the 80th percentile and three in the 60th or 70th percentile. However, none achieved a score in the 90th percentile and vendors averaged at 78 percent satisfaction.
- Open source expectations — Almost all document databases in this report offer open source community editions. Based on reviewer comments, customer support and security features were the most important aspects that made products worth purchasing beyond free open source tiers.
About the Document Databases Grid report:
- The report is based on more than 150 reviews written by business professionals.
- Of the roughly 21 products listed in G2 Crowd’s document databases category, the ranked products each received ten or more reviews to qualify for inclusion on the Grid.
About G2 Crowd, Inc.
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, leverages more than 80,000 user reviews to drive better purchasing decisions. Technology buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software based on peer reviews and synthesized social data. Monthly more than a half-million people visit G2 Crowd’s site. Co-founded by the founder and former executives from SaaS leader BigMachines and backed by roughly $12 million in capital, G2 Crowd aims to bring authenticity and transparency to business technology research. For more information, go to G2Crowd.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/06/prweb13487450.htm