What Americans are spending on Father's Day presents and what they're looking for in the perfect gift.
SOMERVILLE, MA (PRWEB) June 15, 2016
Father’s Day is around the corner, which means most Americans are scrambling to find the ideal gift for all the dads in their life.
A new survey by The Grommet (http://thegrommet.com), conducted by Kelton Global (http://keltonglobal.com), reveals how much Americans are spending on Father’s Day presents and what they’re looking for in the perfect gift.
Research highlights include:
- More than two in three (67%) of Americans buy a Father’s Day gift for somebody in their life.
- Nearly three in five (59%) Father’s Day gift-givers usually buy a present for their dad. On average they spend $72 on a gift for their father.
- Three quarters (76%) of gift-giving married women buy their husband a present for Father’s Day, spending an average of $77.
- In addition to fathers and husbands, Father’s Day gifts are also purchased for brothers (13%), sons (13%), grandfathers (12%), stepfathers (10%), and uncles (8%).
- Nearly half (49%) say it is important to give the fathers in their life something thoughtful or sentimental. More than three in ten (32%) would like to make their lives easier by finding them a practical gift.
- Southerners are more likely than those in other regions (56% vs. 45%) to look for a Father’s Day gift that is thoughtful or sentimental.
- The northeast was most likely to spend more than $100 (20%), while the west was most likely to spend more than $50 (39%).
- Nearly seven in ten (69%) Americans look for high quality products that will last for years and close to half (47%) would like a gift Made in the USA.
- Millennials are more likely than those in older generations (42% vs. 31%) to look for environmentally sustainable presents. They are also more likely than those in older generations to say supporting a social enterprise (35% vs. 19%) or underrepresented entrepreneurs (34% vs. 25%) are important when purchasing presents.
The Grommet Father’s Day Survey was conducted June 1-8, 2016 among nationally representative Americans 18+, using an email invitation and an online survey. Quotas are set to ensure a reliable representation of the U.S. population 18 and over. Margin of error: +/- 3.1%.
About The Grommet:
The most innovative, intriguing products deserve a voice. That’s where The Grommet comes in. Since 2008, The Grommet has worked with more than 2,000 independent Makers, inventors, and entrepreneurs to launch inventive consumer products. The Grommet discovers, evaluates, and selects products (or “Grommets”) across 16 categories and amplifies them to its community of more than 2.7 million people through telling the story behind each product. To learn more visit thegrommet.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/06/prweb13486548.htm