1) School budgets will pass or fail Tuesday as voters go to the polls. This year some affluent Westchester districts - Scarsdale, Briarcliff Manor, Ardsley and Irvington - will challenge Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo's tax cap. This year could be the first time a school budget has fallen in these tony districts in decades.
2) Today is the second weekday since two Metro-North trains collided in Bridgeport, Conn., Friday, shutting down a stretch of track and several stations. Fears of Monday morning gridlock proved unfounded, but Tuesday's commute remains a question mark.
3) Kerry Kennedy should learn her trial fate Tuesday when she appears in North Castle Court in the case where she is accused of driving while under the influence of the prescription sleep-aid Ambien. A judge is expected to issue her ruling on whether charges against Kennedy will be dropped or she'll have to stand trial in the case.
4) Alexandru Hossu, an undocumented Romanian bodybuilder and onetime housemate of Putnam County District Attorney Adam Levy, is due in Southeast Town Court at 3 p.m. Tuesday for a hearing in the case where he has been charged with forcibly raping a 12-year-old girl three years ago. Levy's mother, "Judge Judy" Scheindlin, urged people not to rush to judgment in the case.
5) Microsoft is expected to unveil the next generation Xbox videogame console Tuesday afternoon in Redmond, Wash. It has been eight years since the console's last refresh.