Top Halloween costumes for adults 2012
While Halloween staples such as witches and vampires are always in style, adults like to be original at their costume parties, drawing inspiration from the hottest movies and books, pop culture and current events.
“Halloween has become more about the adults than the kids,“ says Nancy Altman Guzzetta, owner of Nan's Antique Costume and Prop Rental in Port Jefferson. “Everyone's in it for the prize.“
2012's big players? Gatsby-era revelers, superheroes from “The Dark Knight Rises” and “The Avengers,“ and, of course, some bondage a la Christian Grey.
- | View all
User rating:(3) Click to rate
More in Business
- Cops: 2 dead in shooting near Hofstra Briarcliffe College Class of 2013 graduates
- Long Island school event photos 33 famous LIers' favorite hometown places
- Dowling College class of 2013 graduates Field of Wheels 2013
- Hometown heroes Annie Park
- LI notable deaths 100 things for kids to do on LI
- President Barack Obama Contemporary Furniture Fair highlights
- 99 places we loved on Long Island New York City parties
- See what 19 LIers won on 'Wheel of Fortune' so far Free movies in NYC!
- Recent LI mug shots Recent LI fires
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs Andrew Cuomo through the years
- The Bench 5K Hot Dog Chow Down
- Your pet photos