Behind the wheel of a 1974 Porsche 911
Bloomberg News got behind the wheel of a 1974 Porsche 911, owned by the Classic Car Club Manhattan, for an April 2013 story on vintage Porsches before the 50th anniversary of the original 911 vehicle.
Club director Mike Prichinello said he paid $32,000 in cash for the Porsche, which was modified with race shocks, a mechanical fuel injector and an aftermarket steering wheel and stick shift. The powertrain was also tweaked so that the 2.7-liter flat-six engine would produce 220 horsepower instead of the standard 150 horsepower.
Click through the gallery to get a look at the vintage vehicle for yourself.
- | View all
Be the first to rate:Click to rate
More in Cars
- In the Garage: LIers' classic cars
- Weird, clever Long Island license plates
- Most recent vehicle recalls
- A history of Ford Cars
- 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show
- Hyundai cars through the years
- Nine decades of sturdiness: A history of Volvo
- Specialty parts make these 2013's hottest vehicles
- Consumer Reports' most reliable cars
- 2013 Concours D'Elegance at Americana Manhasset
- 2013 Long Island Auto Show
- IIHS Top Safety Picks-plus 2013
- Jeeps through the years