Cyber Monday: Online holiday shopping guide
After surviving Sandy, and the powerless days and weeks that followed, who’s got energy (or patience) to deal with those lines at the mall? The packed parking lots? And gas prices? Let’s not even go there.
So Cyber Monday, for New Yorkers and others in the weather-weary metro area, may be especially appreciated this year. The Monday after Thanksgiving was nicknamed some years ago by online retailers eager to create their own version of Black Friday — a virtual kickoff to the holiday shopping season. Surf the web and you’ll find all kinds of deals and discounts.
At the website for A/X Armani Exchange — armaniexchange.com — shoppers can enjoy 35 percent off site-wide. At Keds.com, 30 percent off. Jewelry website jilzara.com, 50 percent — and each offers free shipping. You’ll score up to 70 percent off at Desigual.com, plus two “superdeals” at noon and 9 p.m. Even smaller sites join in, like humblechic.com, with 20 percent discounts (and free tote with purchase) or marticompany.com, where designer Marti Horowitz provides 25 percent off all jewelry. Time to get clicking….
-- Joseph V. Amodio
- | View all
User rating:(2) Click to rate
More in Cars
- In the Garage: LIers' classic cars
- The all-new 2015 Ford Mustang
- Weird, clever Long Island license plates
- Most recent vehicle recalls
- A history of Ford Cars
- 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show
- Hyundai cars through the years
- Nine decades of sturdiness: A history of Volvo
- Specialty parts make these 2013's hottest vehicles
- Consumer Reports' most reliable cars
- 2013 Concours D'Elegance at Americana Manhasset