Fashion picks to brighten April showers
This season, designers and retailers are offering up smart, stylish, lively rainy day fashion that explodes with color and pattern.
Michelle Smith, the designer and founder of Milly, is among those who have put a fun spin on rainwear. "I wanted to add some humor and wit to the classic rain trench this season, so I made it transparent," says Smith. "Rainy days are universally rather depressing, so my hope is that this coat will make you a little more excited to get out of bed and get dressed in the morning."
Rain, rain, go away? Not so much this season.
- | View all
User rating:(1) Click to rate
More in News
- LI notable deaths
- Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victims
- Your Instagram, Twitter snow photos
- Snow falls across LI
- Hewlett HS seniors win Siemens Competition
- Notable sports deaths in 2013
- Snow hits LI: 2013
- Snow, ice, freezing temps hit U.S.
- Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories
- America's health care reform through history
- Newtown shooting leaves 26 dead
- U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
- President Barack Obama
- John F. Kennedy assassination edition of Newsday
- Midwest tornadoes
- Whitey Bulger through the years
- LI notable deaths 10 Roosevelt Field dining options
- Former NCPD Commissioner Thomas Dale 100 things every kid should do on LI
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs Joe Capobianco
- Ray Catapano Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Your Instagram, Twitter snow photos Gracie Mansion
- Quartermoon is rescued from pool Who's ringing stock exchanges' bells?
- Erik Callender's reptiles Snow falls across LI
- Students create recycled-trash artwork Hewlett HS seniors win Siemens Competition
- Snow hits LI: 2013 Yaphank church gutted by fire
- LI Holiday Benefit Pageant Billy Joel now and then
- New York City parties Gingerbread house contest
- Meet Long Island's pageant queens Places we loved on Long Island