Fashion tips: Look fab after 40
Long Island native Lois Joy Johnson, 63, gives wardrobe tips for women over 40 in her new book, "The Wardrobe Wakeup: Your Guide to Looking Fabulous at Any Age" (Running Press, $23).
The book has scores of tips for women on how to look good as their lives -- and bodies -- shift (and, yes, sometimes sag). Instead of models, she's got photos of 18 friends and colleagues of a certain age who've all "survived trends, fads, weight changes, husbands, jobs, grown-up kids and life's little lemons with wit and style," she declares.
Here, Lois-approved pieces for a new you.
More in News
- LI notable deaths
- Notable sports deaths in 2014
- Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories
- Easter eggs from around the world
- 20 same-sex wedding kisses across America
- Boston holds tribute on bombing anniversary
- Obama attends NYC's National Action Network convention
- California crash kills 10
- International Pillow Fight Day
- First race to the top of 4 WTC
- Fort Hood shooting, aftermath
- Snow falls in March
- Celeb spotting at Tribeca Film Fest Long Island's best tattoos
- LI notable deaths 27 LIers who've made us proud
- Guess who: LI celebrity yearbook pictures Who's ringing stock exchanges' bells?
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Ward Melville vs. West Islip Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories
- 79 celebrities remember life on Long Island LI car accidents
- Long Beach vs. Wantagh Recent LI fires
- This week's Class AA baseball team rankings 50 years ago, NY World's Fair predicted today
- LI Easter egg hunts 2014 Animals on the loose on LI, in NY
- Way to Go kids Long Island rich cribs
- Places we loved on Long Island Extreme Easter bonnets on Long Island, NYC
- Smithtown East vs. Port Washington 41 signs you're from Suffolk