Jobs that pay better on LI than in the rest of the NYC area
If you've heard concern that the pay scale across Long Island isn't competitive enough to keep the best talent from fleeing to New York City or Westchester, then this list is for you.
We sifted through recent median salary data for more than 600 occupations and found more than 25 occupations in which Long Islanders make 40 percent more than similarly employed people in New York City or the Hudson Valley.
If you're intent on staying on Long Island -- or just desperately want to see your offspring stay local -- here are the occupations you should track most closely.
- | View all
User rating:(2) Click to rate
More in News
- Snow falls across LI
- LI notable deaths
- Hewlett HS seniors win Siemens Competition
- Notable sports deaths in 2013
- Snow hits LI: 2013
- Snow, ice, freezing temps hit U.S.
- Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories
- America's health care reform through history
- U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
- President Barack Obama
- John F. Kennedy assassination edition of Newsday
- Midwest tornadoes
- Whitey Bulger through the years
- Snow falls across LI LI notable deaths
- Students create recycled-trash artwork Hewlett HS seniors win Siemens Competition
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Snow hits LI: 2013 Yaphank church gutted by fire
- LI Holiday Benefit Pageant Billy Joel now and then
- New York City parties Gingerbread house contest
- Meet Long Island's pageant queens Places we loved on Long Island
- Pearl Harbor anniversary remembered on Long Island LI pets pose with Santa
- Recent polar bear plunges in Suffolk Most expensive homes for sale on Long Island
- Smithtown pets for adoption Brentwood vs. Amityville
- St. Dominic vs. Oyster Bay An extravagant mini Christmas Village
- Car crashes into Trader Joe's in Oceanside Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories