Long Island jobs: A quick move can pay off big
Nobody wants to feel underpaid. But many Long Islanders could expect a significant boost in salary if they just moved their job search to New York City or Westchester.
We compared median salary information for more than 600 occupations and found the ones where the negative difference in pay between Long Islanders and their New York City and Hudson Valley counterparts is greatest. In other words, here are the positions whose pay-grades are far lower on Long Island than in nearby locales.
- | View all
Be the first to rate:Click to rate
More in News
- LI notable deaths
- Snow falls across LI
- Hewlett HS seniors win Siemens Competition
- Notable sports deaths in 2013
- Snow hits LI: 2013
- Snow, ice, freezing temps hit U.S.
- Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories
- America's health care reform through history
- U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
- President Barack Obama
- John F. Kennedy assassination edition of Newsday
- Midwest tornadoes
- Whitey Bulger through the years
- LI notable deaths Gracie Mansion
- Quartermoon is rescued from pool Who's ringing stock exchanges' bells?
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs Erik Callender's reptiles
- Snow falls across LI Students create recycled-trash artwork
- Hewlett HS seniors win Siemens Competition Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Snow hits LI: 2013 Yaphank church gutted by fire
- LI Holiday Benefit Pageant Billy Joel now and then
- New York City parties Gingerbread house contest
- Meet Long Island's pageant queens Places we loved on Long Island
- Pearl Harbor anniversary remembered on Long Island LI pets pose with Santa
- Recent polar bear plunges in Suffolk Most expensive homes for sale on Long Island
- Smithtown pets for adoption Brentwood vs. Amityville