Long Island places we loved
You teased your hair (maybe put up your mohawk), put on your spandex and headed to a hot spot every Friday night. Or maybe you were one to rise early Saturday morning and shop at a local branch of a beloved chain store. Or maybe you were too young for either of those things, and you just liked to play at the neighborhood amusement center. These places are closed, but your memories are forever. Take a stroll down Long Island's memory lane with us.
(Dates in parentheses indicate date photo was taken).
COMMENT: Tell us about your disco nights, rock revelries, new wave carousing, fond childhood flashbacks and, naturally, Long Island reminiscences.
- | View all
User rating:(44) Click to rate
More in Real estate
- Condos booming on the East End
- Long Island rich cribs
- Newsday readers try to sell you their home
- Want an LI rental with a tennis court?
- Must-have features for your dream LI home
- Renting in the Hamptons
- If you want a short sale
- $10M Water Mill mansion source said J.Lo bought
- Long Island homes with wraparound porches
- Want a contemporary-style home?
- Long Island homes for less than $100,000
- Tour ex-Met Carlos Beltran's $5.495M Sands Point home
- Long Island rentals near train stations
- Sandy-damaged homes for sale on Long Island
- YoHo unveils new art studios in Yonkers
- Long Beach on the rebound
- Want an LI home for $410,000?
- Outrageous amenities in NYC apartments
- Most expensive homes for sale on Long Island
- Want a home with built-in shelves?
- If you want a Long Island home for $550,000
- Looking for a pet-friendly apartment on LI?
- Reader-submitted garden photos
- Home for sale on Grassy Sprain Road in Yonkers
- If you want a home with an indoor pool
- If you want a Long Island rental with snow removal
- If you want an LI home with a steam shower
- If you want a brand new home on Long Island
- If you want a Long Island home for $420,000
- NYC's tiniest apartments
- If you want a house with a heated garage
- If you want a house for less than $320,000
- If you want a split-level home
- If you want a house rental on Long Island
- Greystone on Hudson
- If you want a house with a generator
- Top Long Island real estate brokers of 2012
- If you want a house with a fireplace
- Yonkers: Teutonia Buena Vista
- Cold cases on Long Island Deer Park third graders filmed for teacher training video
- Memorial Day on Long Island 2013 Five Towns College graduation
- 41 famous LIers' favorite hometown places Recent LI fires
- Recent LI mug shots 19 Long Islanders on 'Wheel of Fortune' in May
- Long Island in the pros: MLB edition Annie Park
- Stony Brook University graduation 21 N. Hempstead supervisors
- LI notable deaths LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- After Sandy: Then and now 12 LI officials who stole public funds
- Reboot Camp Free movies in NYC!
- Your pet photos Nassau Community College class of 2013 graduates
- New York City parties LI sites on the National Register of Historic Places
- NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg through the years Andrew Cuomo through the years