Long Island places we loved
You teased your hair (maybe put up your mohawk), put on your spandex and headed to a hot spot every Friday night. Or maybe you were one to rise early Saturday morning and shop at a local branch of a beloved chain store. Or maybe you were too young for either of those things, and you just liked to play at the neighborhood amusement center. These places are closed, but your memories are forever. Take a stroll down Long Island's memory lane with us.
(Dates in parentheses indicate date photo was taken).
COMMENT: Tell us about your disco nights, rock revelries, new wave carousing, fond childhood flashbacks and, naturally, Long Island reminiscences.
- | View all
User rating:(44) Click to rate
More in Real estate
- Renting in the Hamptons
- Newsday readers try to sell you their home
- If you want a short sale
- Long Island's rich cribs
- $10M Water Mill mansion source said J.Lo bought
- Long Island homes with wraparound porches
- Want a contemporary-style home?
- Long Island homes for less than $100,000
- Tour ex-Met Carlos Beltran's $5.495M Sands Point home
- Long Island rentals near train stations
- Sandy-damaged homes for sale on Long Island
- YoHo unveils new art studios in Yonkers
- Long Beach on the rebound
- Want an LI home for $410,000?
- Outrageous amenities in NYC apartments
- Most expensive homes for sale on Long Island
- Want a home with built-in shelves?
- If you want a Long Island home for $550,000
- Looking for a pet-friendly apartment on LI?
- Reader-submitted garden photos
- Home for sale on Grassy Sprain Road in Yonkers
- If you want a home with an indoor pool
- If you want a Long Island rental with snow removal
- If you want an LI home with a steam shower
- If you want a brand new home on Long Island
- If you want a Long Island home for $420,000
- NYC's tiniest apartments
- If you want a house with a heated garage
- If you want a house for less than $320,000
- If you want a split-level home
- If you want a house rental on Long Island
- Greystone on Hudson
- If you want a house with a generator
- Top Long Island real estate brokers of 2012
- If you want a house with a fireplace
- Yonkers: Teutonia Buena Vista
- If you want a house with a great dining room
- Molloy College Class of 2013 graduates New York City parties
- College graduations on LI NYIT graduation 2013
- SUNY College at Old Westbury graduation Farmingdale State College graduation
- Cops: 2 dead in shooting near Hofstra Suffolk County Community College graduation
- Hofstra University graduation 2013 35 famous LIers' favorite hometown places
- Adelphi graduation 2013 LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- U.S. Army generals from LI Briarcliffe College Class of 2013 graduates
- Long Island school event photos Dowling College class of 2013 graduates
- Field of Wheels 2013 Hometown heroes
- Annie Park LI notable deaths
- 100 things for kids to do on LI President Barack Obama
- Contemporary Furniture Fair highlights 99 places we loved on Long Island