Style and sample sales, fashion and fun.
BloggersAlison Bernicker Anne Bratskeir Joseph V. Amodio Barbara Schuler Ginny Dunleavy
The less time you spend on a blowout, the better (on many counts). To help speed the process comes Speed Dry Blow Dry Spray from Color Wow, which uses an alcohol-free formula to decrease porosity and keep moisture in the hair. It's especially good for color-treated hair, since too much heat promotes fading, $24; at select Ulta stores or colorwowhair.com.
Frederic Fekkai has a new three-product...Read more »
Nail your next manicure with these new products:
1. Alexa Chung has teamed with Nails Inc. for a line of polishes inspired by fabrics. The first to launch is Alexa Lace Effect Polish, which uses red matte particles in different sizes for a lacy texture; more shades will be introduced next month, $11; at nailsinc.com.
2. MAC has six new top coats: With Texturize, you get a leather-like...Read more »
Given, we stay out of the sun. But getting that summery glow is still a priority:
1. Everyone's favorite gradual tanner, Jergens Natural Glow, now comes in a convenient pump. The moisturizing tanner comes in two shades, fair-medium and medium-tan, $12.99; at drugstores and retailers.
2. Don't want to wait for a self-tanner to kick in? Hampton Sun's Airbrush Bronzing Mist gives you an...Read more »
Imagine laying out by the pool while having a relaxing treatment that will perk up your face for a big evening out. This summer, Manhattan acupuncturist Shellie Goldstein brings an abbreviated version of her trademarked AcuFacial Facelift to the Hamptons. (She'll come to you, or she has an office at 530 Montauk Hwy., Amagansett).
The Hamptons Express is a 60-minute treatment...Read more »
It’s hard to hear yourself think in the bustle that is opening day at Drybar, where the buzz of happy patrons is almost as loud as the blast of multiple hair dryers.True, the blow-out bar is nothing new on the Island, where a number of spots have opened over the past year. But Drybar pretty much started it all four years ago, when hairdresser Alli Webb decided to morph her L.A.-based mobile blowout...Read more »
There's always a little something you want to hide, and these new concealers will do the trick:
1. Laura Mercier's High Coverage Concealer will de-puff under the eyes and hide circles. Honey, vitamin E and fruit acids nourish and smooth in 12 shades, $28; at Mercier counters and lauramercier.com.
2. Iman Cosmetics has launched CC Correct & Cover Powder to Crème Concealer. The product...Read more »
Say goodbye to dark circles and hello to looking refreshed with these new products:
1. You could cover your eyes with cucumber slices, but better, try Radical Skincare's new Eye Revive Créme with soothing cucumber extract. Full of antioxidants like acai berry and grape seed extract, the product targets wrinkles and puffiness, while improving firmness, $125; at radicalskincare.com.
2....Read more »