10 fun facts about Marco Rubio
Here's POLITICO's list of 10 things you might not know about the Florida Republican and potential VP pick, Marco Rubio.
By MACKENZIE WEINGER
1. Hates disco music. He recently called the ’70s a “very frightening time” when “we had to overcome disco, and bell bottoms, and the Bee Gees.” His current favorite? Nicki Minaj.
(Feb. 9, 2012)
2. First job was building cages for exotic birds at his brother-in-law’s import-export company.
(May 2, 2008)
3. His wife, Jeanette Dousdebes-Rubio, is a former Miami Dolphins cheerleader who posed in the squad’s first swimsuit calendar.
(April 27, 2010)
4. Favorite movies include “Pulp Fiction,” “Wedding Crashers” and the “Godfather” trilogy.
(Sept. 30, 2010)
5. Known as Tony — from his middle name Antonio — to his cousins while growing up.
(April 2, 2012)
6. Prince was the first rock concert he ever attended. He was joined by then-girlfriend Dousdebes-Rubio.
(Nov. 2, 2010)
9. Has said the coolest thing he’s done in his political career was “catch passes from Dan Marino and Tim Tebow.”
(April 24, 2007)
10. Baptized as Mormon. He attended LDS youth groups but later in his youth converted to Catholicism.
(April 25, 2012)
BONUS: 11. Once came to the aid of a stumbling former first lady Nancy Reagan.
(Aug. 23, 2011)