Bloomingdale's preps for prom
Prom is on its way, and Bloomingdale's at Roosevelt Field mall in Garden City is bursting with dresses from popular brands such as BCBGMAXAZRIA, Nicole Miller, Aqua and more.
"Look for color or prints, a dress that shows off your shoulders, and try silhouettes that are nipped at the waist," says Stephanie Solomon, Bloomingdales' celebrity fashion director. "At the moment a dress with 50s flair looks current. The most important part is to feel confident and have fun."
Long Island high school students gathered at the store Saturday for a prom fashion show to try out the latest styles and hair and makeup looks.
More in Photos
- 20 same-sex wedding kisses across America
- Runners get ready for 2014 Boston Marathon
- LI Easter egg hunts 2014
- Celebrities at Coachella
- 100 things every kid should do on LI
- 40 LIers spill on their favorite beers
- LI car accidents
- Daniel Radcliffe's many roles
- Lohan's highs and lows
- 'American Idol' Season 13 finals
- Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories
- Lindsay Lohan's TV and movie roles
- 'American Idol' judges
- 42 signs you're from Nassau
- Tribeca Film Festival
- Smithtown East vs. Port Washington LI Easter egg hunts 2014
- 41 signs you're from Suffolk 100 things every kid should do on LI
- 40 LIers spill on their favorite beers Pets waiting for adoption on LI
- LI car accidents Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories
- 42 signs you're from Nassau Tribeca Film Festival
- 78 luminaries remember life on Long Island LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- Manhasset vs. Notre Dame (Md.) Horseless eCarriage at NY Auto Show
- New York City parties 101 new stores on LI
- Long Island and New York City's top photos Recent LI mug shots
- This week's Class AA baseball team rankings Long Island on 'The Ultimate Fighter'
- Buried on Long Island Suffolk Boys Basketball Awards Dinner
- Suffolks Wrestling Awards Dinner Nassau Wrestling Coaches Awards Dinner