2nd inquest confirms Amy Winehouse's alcohol death
Amy Winehouse died from accidental alcohol poisoning when she resumed drinking after a period of abstinence, a second coroner's inquest confirmed Tuesday, The Associated Press reports. Coroner Shirley Radcliffe ruled that the 27-year-old soul singer "died as a result of alcohol toxicity" and recorded a verdict of death by misadventure. She said there were no suspicious circumstances. She said Winehouse "voluntarily consumed alcohol -- a deliberate act that took an unexpected turn and led to her death." The verdict was identical to that produced by a first inquest in 2011.