Christie Brinkley, Peter Cook reach settlement

The South Fork Natural History Museum Honors Christie

The South Fork Natural History Museum Honors Christie Brinkley during gala benefit. (June 16, 2012) (Credit: John Roca)

Former supermodel Christie Brinkley and ex-husband Peter Cook have settled the latest squabble in their long-running matrimonial dispute, both parties said Monday.

Specific terms of the settlement were not disclosed, but Brinkley's attorney Thomas Campagna said the agreement had been finalized early in the day and was signed about 10 a.m. by Justice Mark Cohen of State Supreme Court in Riverhead.

Cohen had told both parties last week that "this case is one that can and should be settled."

Brinkley, 58, of Sag Harbor, had accused Cook, 53, of Southampton, of falling behind on child support payments. Cook said he didn't pay while he had the couple's two children full time for five months while she appeared on Broadway, but he has since paid in full.

Campagna would not discuss specifics of the settlement, but he said it included a "no-contact" provision barring Cook from emailing or otherwise attempting to reach Brinkley.

Cook said he had signed the settlement Sunday night and confirmed there was a no-contact clause. "That's all right. I haven't spoken to her in four years anyway," Cook said.

The couple's nasty divorce trial ended in July 2008 with an out-of-court settlement. She got custody of the two children and some property, while he received $2.1 million from Brinkley and visitation rights. The divorce became official Sept. 29, 2008.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

Follow Newsday Entertainment

advertisement | advertise on newsday