The city of Toronto will not pay for Corey Haim's funeral, despite claims by Haim's mother to the contrary, People magazine reports. The funeral is scheduled for Tuesday.

"The City of Toronto confirms no involvement in funeral costs for Mr. Haim," Toronto's communications director Kevin Sack said Monday. "The City of Toronto has never received an application for assistance with the funeral costs for Mr. Haim."

Judy Haim, who is suffering from cancer, told "Access Hollywood" on Sunday that the city would cover the cost of Haim's funeral, while a celebrity memorabilia site, Startifacts.com, would pay for her son's tombstone and other miscellaneous expenses.

Meanwhile, Haim's longtime best friend Corey Feldman says he won't attend the service.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

"The family has decided to make Corey's funeral a small private affair," Feldman said in a statement. "Understanding the recent media attention and to be respectful of the family's wishes I have decided not to attend. Instead I will remain in Los Angeles quietly mourning and planning his memorial."

"The Lost Boys" star, 38, died last week of a possible accidental drug overdose. Toxicology reports are pending.