Jack Osbourne tweets on NBC's 'Stars Earns Stripes'
Related mediaReality show couples 100 TV shows that made an impact Clips from TV shows TV Zone blog
Jack Osbourne responded publicly Tuesday to NBC saying the reality star's multiple sclerosis played no part in the network's decision not to include him on the military-style competition "Stars Earn Stripes."
"I took part in a 16 hr challenge over 30 miles with a 40lbs ruck [sack] on my back in Jan. I had MS then. Don't tell me what physically demanding is," Osbourne, 26, tweeted. "NBC said they didn't fire me over my diagnosis?" he later added, ending that second tweet with a strong expletive.
Osbourne, who was not among the eight competitors in the June 19 cast announcement, had not signed a contract for the show, but had verbal and email confirmation, said his mother, Sharon Osbourne, on Monday as she explained her decision to resign as a judge of NBC's "America's Got Talent."
"Stars Earn Stripes" executive producer David A. Hurwitz said last month that Osbourne had simply been "somebody we were in talks with." The show -- featuring actor Dean Cain, singer Nick Lachey andTodd Palin, husband of former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, among others -- premieres Monday.
Osbourne had learned in May that he has MS, an autoimmune disease of the central nervous system that is treatable but incurable.
NBC Entertainment chief Robert Greenblatt had said in a statement Monday: "Although we did not ask Jack to participate in the competition, we were able to offer him two substantial alternative roles on the show, both of which he declined. This network does not discriminate on any basis."