Lindsay Lohan leaves Betty Ford, checks into Malibu rehab facility
Related mediaThe many looks of Lindsay Lohan Lindsay Lohan in court, again Lindsay Lohan then and now
Six weeks after checking in for her 90 days of court-ordered rehab, Lindsay Lohan has left the Betty Ford Center and entered another facility.
"Lindsay is grateful for the treatment she received at the Betty Ford Center," her lawyer, Shawn Holley, said in a statement to ABC News. "She has completed her course of treatment there and looks forward to continuing her treatment and building on the foundation established at Betty Ford."
Lohan on Wednesday entered the Cliffside Malibu facility, her mother, Dina Lohan, told Newsday Thursday. "Betty Ford is a 30-day program," she said. "For Lindsay it's best to have one-on-one -- that and other options that will help her move forward. Betty Ford was great, but this is the next step in a positive direction."
Lohan's father, Michael Lohan, told E! News that the 26-year-old, who entered Betty Ford on May 3, "wasn't getting any individual therapy" and that the process there was the "same old thing to her." The actress, who has checked into rehab five times previously, completed a 90-day course at Betty Ford in January 2011.
TMZ.com, which first reported the change, said Thursday that prosecutors, Judge James Dabney and Holley had all approved the relocation. Lohan is expected to finish the program in early August. "She's really happy. She's doing really well," Dina Lohan said. "She's looking forward to working when she comes out." Her family will be in Malibu for Lindsay Lohan's birthday on July 2, she added.
Lohan pleaded no contest March 18 to two misdemeanors in relation to an auto accident in June 2012, in which her Porsche collided with an 18-wheel truck. Prosecutors filed charges after detectives said Lohan untruthfully told police she was not the driver. She was sentenced to 90 days in rehab, 30 days community labor and psychological counseling for 18 months.