“Jason Bourne” star Matt Damon says he is planning to take a year’s break from acting.

“I took a bunch of roles in a row and I’ve done four straight movies,” the 45-year-old star said Thursday on “Today,” referring to his newly released film as well this coming February’s “The Great Wall,” last year’s “The Martian” and 2014’s “Interstellar,” “and I have one more to go,” he added, alluding to Alexander Payne’s science-fiction satire “Downsizing,” now filming in Toronto.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

He and his family, he said, “lived in China for about half the year last year [filming ‘The Great Wall’] and this Bourne movie took us to London — it took us really all over the place. So they’re really good sports,” he said of Luciana Bozan, his wife of 10 years, and their daughters Isabella, 10, Gia, who turns 8 next month, Stella, 5, and teenaged Alexia, Bozan’s child from a first marriage.

“They’re great travelers,” Damon assured, “but I’m excited to finish out this year of work and take a year off and be at their behest for once.”

In addition to acting, for which he has received three Academy Award nominations, Damon is a producer on films including the upcoming “Manchester by the Sea,” and whose company with Ben Affleck, Pearl Street Films, made the new competition series “The Runner” for Verizon’s Go90 mobile platform. He and Affleck shared a screenwriting Oscar for 1997’s “Good Will Hunting.”