Style and sample sales, fashion and fun.
BloggersAlison Bernicker Anne Bratskeir Joseph V. Amodio Barbara Schuler Ginny Dunleavy
Say goodbye to dark circles and hello to looking refreshed with these new products:
1. You could cover your eyes with cucumber slices, but better, try Radical Skincare's new Eye Revive Créme with soothing cucumber extract. Full of antioxidants like acai berry and grape seed extract, the product targets wrinkles and puffiness, while improving firmness, $125; at radicalskincare.com.
2....Read more »
Looking to add to your makeup collection? Try shopping one of these new lines:
1. Tory Burch launched her new beauty collection at her fall 2014 show. Makeup artist Diane Kendal used the bronzer/blush combo, and brush, $48 each, along with lipstick in Pas du Tout (Burch's favorite shade), $32, to help create her clean fresh look. The line is available at toryburch.com; the lipstick debuts...Read more »
After the stock market crash of 1929, couturier Jean Patou found his clients could not afford his pricey clothes. So he created the iconic fragrance Joy. Now there's an updated scent, Joy Forever -- similar notes of rose and jasmine but with "a modern twist," $110-$190; at select Bloomingdale's and Nordstroms.
Not sure smelling like a pizza is all that romantic, but the folks at Demeter Fragrance...Read more »
Harsh winter weather can be a nightmare for your skin, but these products will help you stay soft and moisturized all winter long:
1. Break out of those troublesome winter skin issues with a touch -- and scent -- of spring. L'Occitane's Shea Butter cream comes in three scents that will make you think of warmer weather -- Vanilla Bouquet, Zesty Lime and Rose Heart, $22 each; at L'Occitane shops...Read more »
These new beauty gadgets will help you get great skin from head to toe:
1. They've saved your face; now, Clarisonic is looking down -- at your feet. The new Pedi Sonic Foot Transformation System comes with a wet/dry buffing brush head and a smoothing disc, plus three products to help the process along, $199; at select Sephora, Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue stores.
2. Think of this...Read more »
Seems it's all about volume these days, and powders are one way to pump it up. Bumble and bumble's new one, Pret-a-powder, blends clay and oat flour for dry cleansing and volume -- plus it will extend the life of your blow-dry. It comes in four shades -- white, blonde, brown and black; $26, bumbleandbumble.com.
If mechanical help is called for, try HIclips -- basically a hairclip on steroids....Read more »
There's a dark, mysterious air to several makeup lines for fall -- think names like Superstition, Dark Spell, Mystic Metallics. And just launched is Cover Girl's new line based on the upcoming film "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" that brings smoky eyes to a whole new level. MAC celebrates a legend -- fashion illustrator Antonio Lopez -- with a limited-edition collection of vibrant...Read more »