Music, concerts, musicians and more.
posts Next postBest of 2012: Albums #20-#16
Best of 2012: Albums #25-#21
Happy holidays! It's that time of year when we take a look back to celebrate what kept us moving forward. This week, we'll countdown the Top 25 albums and next week we'll take on the singles.
25. Cloud Nothings, “Attack on Memory” (Carpark): Steeped in Sonic Youth and nurtured on Nirvana, Cleveland's Dylan Baldi brings ambitious indie rock to a new generation.
24. Zac Brown Band, “Uncaged” (Atlantic): A happy mix of country, pop, rock, soul and, yes, reggae.
23. Big Boi, “Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors” (Def Jam): Adventurous hip-hop grounded in Big Boi's love of the groove.
22. Kathleen Edwards, “Voyageur” (Zoe/Rounder): Moving effortlessly from gorgeous alt-country to more ambitious rock.
21. Estelle, “All of Me” (Atlantic): Following her inner Lauryn Hill and Sade leads Estelle to neo-soul cool.