Many actresses with Hudson Valley ties have graced the Academy Awards red carpet over the years. Here's our countdown of local celebs' most unforgettable looks -- the good, the bad and the "what were they thinking?"
11. Meryl Streep: The Vassar College graduate must have had a feeling that she would win the best actress Oscar for "The Iron Lady" at the 2012 Academy Awards, since her glittering Lanvin gown matched the color of her golden statuette.
10. Jessica Lange: The actress, who has called Palisades home, wore a black Calvin Klein dress at the 1995 Oscars, where she won the best actress award for her performance in "Blue Sky." While her dress is simple, it’s her beaming expression that makes the look memorable.
9. Felicity Huffman: The Bedford native made a splash on the big screen in "Transamerica," and she earned an Oscar nod for her performance in that film in 2006. Huffman wore a dazzling Zac Posen gown with a plunging neckline on the red carpet.
9. Melissa Leo (tied with Huffman): The former Purchase College student earned some "Worst Dressed" notices after wearing a doily-esque gown designed by Marc Bouwer to the 2011 Oscars. Even though her dress didn’t win raves, she did nab the Oscar for best supporting actress for "The Fighter."
7. Jane Fonda: The former Vassar student and two-time Oscar winner donned a shimmering Dilek Hanif gown with feathered sleeves when attending the 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party (pictured with her date, music producer Richard Perry).
6. Glenn Close: The northern Westchester resident looked stylish and sophisticated in a Zac Posen gown with a matching silk jacket at the 2012 Oscars, which she attended as a best actress nominee as for "Albert Nobbs."
5. Rooney Mara: The Bedford native was a fashion standout at the 2012 Oscars, with her pale Givenchy gown and porcelain skin offering a striking contrast to her red lips and dark hair. Mara attended as a best actress nominee for "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."
4. Uma Thurman: The Woodstock-based actress was famously dubbed "Swiss Miss" after wearing this poofy, white Christian Lacroix ensemble to the 2004 Academy Awards. Thurman's milkmaid-esque dressed is considered one of the worst Oscar looks of all time.
2. Catherine Zeta-Jones: At the 2000 Oscars, the actress (and wife of Michael Douglas) wore a glamorous Versace dress that showed off her baby bump to gorgeous effect. The Bedford resident was nearly nine months pregnant when she won the best supporting actress Oscar for "Chicago."
1. Bjork: The Icelandic singer, who has called Palisades home, took a fashion risk when she wore a “swan dress” at the 2001 Oscars, which she attended as a best song nominee for "Dancer in the Dark." The Marjan Pejoski-designed gown was parodied by Ellen DeGeneres, who wore a similar dress while hosting the 2001 Emmy Awards.