'All My Children,' 'One Life to Live' returning as Web-based series

Elizabeth Rodriguez, Thorsten Kaye, Susan Lucci and Walt

Elizabeth Rodriguez, Thorsten Kaye, Susan Lucci and Walt Willey in a scene that aired the week of April 7, 2008, on ABC Daytime's "All My Children." Photo Credit: ABC

advertisement | advertise on newsday

"All My Children" and "One Life to Live" -- which ended long runs on ABC in 2011 and '12 respectively -- will return as web-based series, according to production company Prospect Park, which Monday said it had finally resolved negotiations with a pair of unions that had earlier derailed efforts to bring the shows back.

"We are pleased to confirm that Prospect Park is reviving the beloved soap operas, 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' as the anchor programs on The Online Network (TOLN)," company principals Rich Frank and Jeff Kwatinetz announced Monday, while adding that they had secured financing for the new runs, and had hired showrunners, as well as their creator Agnes Nixon in a consultancy role. Launch dates will be announced later, they said.

It's unclear which cast members will return; after "OLTL" ended, some joined "General Hospital," while Susan Lucci -- "AMC's" best-known star -- will star on the new Lifetime series, "Devious Maids."

Coming soon: Newsday's Entertainment newsletter, for the latest on celebs, TV, more.


Newsday.com now uses Facebook for our comment boards. Please read our guidelines and connect your Facebook account to comment.

You also may be interested in: