Candice Glover won "American Idol" Season 12 over Kree Harrison as Psy, Jennifer Hudson, Jessie J, Adam Lambert and Aretha Franklin performed.
'American Idol': Amber Holcomb stunning; Angela Miller, Candice Glover, Kree Harrison and Aubrey Cleland fantastic
Amber Holcomb got a standing ovation on "American Idol," topping the other female favorites -- Angela Miller, Candice Glover, Kree Harrison and Aubrey Cleland -- on another stellar night for the woman.
All four judges stood for Holcomb after her stunning performance of Whitney Houston's "I Believe in You." She doesn't look like a star, yet; but there's something special about her voice that grabs you every time she hits the stage.
But it was only one of many memorable performances from the final 10 female contestants, with Ryan Seacrest aptly calling it one of the strongest nights in the show's history. Not sure how the fans can fairly cut this to just five contestants to move on to the finals.
Here's how I rated everyone; put your thoughts in the comments, below.
1) Amber Holcomb's performance of "I Believe In You and Me" was effortless, spot on and got the audience whooping. Keith Urban called her tone "exquisite," with Nicki Minaj telling her, "your vocals are surpassing this competition, nothing that came before you is even on your level."
2) Angela Miller has been in a different league from most of the contestants so far this season, and her pure, strong voice on "Never Gone" prompted Minaj to say, "the trumpets should sound when you walk in the room."
3) Candice Glover's vocal on "Ordinary People" was "superb" in Urban's words -- Minaj simply saluted her.
4) Highly likeable Kree Harrison 's version of "Stronger" had Minaj praising her "rich" tone, calling it "soothing, relaxing."
5) Budding star Aubrey Cleland looked "fantastic" in Urban's words, singing "Big Girls Don't Cry." She has such a nice vibe that Minaj praised her "humility," with Mariah Carey telling her flat-out, "you so obviously have multi-platinum potential."
6) Janelle Arthur did nothing fancy on "If I Can Dream" -- but her classic country voice got Minaj so excited she called her "a little marshmallow that I want to eat."
7) Breanna Steer tried be just like Beyonce on "Flaws and All," and looked the part, but her voice failed for Minaj who told her "this was the absolute wrong song for you, you sounded like you were straining" the entire time.
8) Tenna Torres sang well on "Lost" but as Minaj said, not sure "her personality jumps out."
9) Young Adriana Latonio's good but not memorable "Stand Up for Love" prompted Minaj to tell her to "work a little bit and come back next year."
10) Zoanette Johnson's "What's Love Got To Do With It" was, in Randy Jackson's words, "a mess." She's got good energy and seems like a good person, but was off key and all over the place.
Tags: Amber Holcomb , Angela Miller , Zoanette Johnson , Breanna Steer , Aubrey Cleland , Janelle Arthur , Tenna Torres , Kree Harrison , Adriana Latonio , Candice Glover , American Idol , Las Vegas round , Nicki Minaj , Mariah Carey , Keith Urban , Randy Jackson