Candice Glover won "American Idol" Season 12 over Kree Harrison as Psy, Jennifer Hudson, Jessie J, Adam Lambert and Aretha Franklin performed.
Jessica Sanchez blazes, Hallie Day, Brielle von Hugel and Elise Testone star on 'American Idol'
Jessica Sanchez owned "American Idol" Wednesday night with her version of "I Love You I Do," prompting Randy Jackson to gush, "Crazy, crazy; oh my God."
Even though Sanchez has been sick, she was on a different level than anyone else -- a natural performer who got the judges standing and hollering along with the audience. Imagine next week, when, hopefully, her voice is healed....
Hallie Day, Brielle von Hugel and Elise Testone also starred on an overall strong night for the women.
Here's how I rated everyone; put your own thoughts in the comments below, or on Twitter using #ndidol.
1. Jessica Sanchez's electric "I Love You I Do" solidified her status as a favorite this season; you can't take your eyes off her. She has an urgency to both her voice and her performance.
2. Hallie Day likewise knocked "Feeling Good" out of the park -- she was slow and controlled at the start, then let loose with real power, stalking the stage like she owned it. Which she just might if she can keep it up.
3. Polarizing Staten Islander Brielle von Hugel's let-it-all-loose version of "(Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay" got the audience whooping, with Steven Tyler telling her she's "got a great sense of the blues."
4. Elise Testone's version of "One and Only" really fit her voice, which, as Jennifer Lopez said, is "so special and so different than anyone else in the competition."
5. Cute Hollie Cavanaugh's "Reflection" showed her big vocal chops, prompting Lopez to say she's "going to be one of our frontrunners."
6. Skylar Lane's "Stay With Me" was a bit strident for me, and hyperactive; but judges loved the high energy and vocals.
7. Powerhouse Erika Van Pelt's performance of "What About Love" had Jackson comparing her to Adele in her ability to not overpower the song.
8. 16-year-old Shannon Magrane's "Go Light Your World" wasn't a good fit and seemed uninspiring to me, but Tyler called it "just gorgeous."
9. Jenn Hirsh's version of "One and Only," was nothing special for me, no emotional connection despite her vocal talents.
10. Brassy Chelsea Sorrell tried to channel Carrie Underwood on "Cowboy Casanova," but an average performance plus having to go first may be too much to overcome.
11. Haley Johnson's pitchy "Sweet Dreams" was "a bit of a nightmare" for Jackson.
12. Nervous Baylie Brown was pitchy on "Amazed," with Lopez saying she was "shaky the whole way through."
Tags: Chelsea Sorrell , Erika Van Pelt , Jenn Hirsh , Brielle von Hugel , Hallie Day , Skylar Lane , Baylie Brown , Hollie Cavanaugh , Haley Johnson , Shannon Magrane , Jessica Sanchez , Elise Testone , American Idol , top 12 women