Let's blog it out as Ari Gold, Johnny Drama and the crew from HBO's "Entourage" return for the eighth and final season. Victory!
Mark La Monica
I write in too many blogs to create individual profiles for each. So, whether you get roped into my musings on pop culture, "Entourage," mixed martial arts or the NFL, here are some things you should know about me:
1) No one's meatballs are as good as your mother's. It's undebatable.
2) "The Godfather III" and "Rocky V" get a bum rap. They're not nearly as bad as people make them out to be.
3) Randy "Macho Man" Savage is the forgotten man when it comes to old-school pro wrestling discussions.
4) If YouTube stopped existing, it would create quite a problem for us. How would we waste time at work? Where would all the things we push off until later go?
5) The hug in the ocean between Rocky and Apollo in "Rocky III" makes absolutely no sense, but it's impossible to change the channel when it comes on.
6) MTV doesn't need to play more videos, just create more channels that play videos.
7) Just chill to the next episode.
8) When is someone going to create a garlic-scented cologne? Or perhaps a hand cream of some sort?
9) ADA Jack McCoy would kick ADA Ben Stone's patoot any day in court, but Paul Robinette would smoke Jamey Ross, Abby Carmichael, Claire Kincaid, Danielle Borgia and Connie Rubirosa.
10) I nearly dumped a girlfriend who thought my clapping in 1995 when Don Mattingly finally reached the playoffs was "childish."
11) Lauren Conrad. I'm just saying.
12) Yo Mona Lisa, could I get a date on Friday? And if you're busy, I wouldn't mind taking Saturday-ay-ay, ay-ay-ay.
13) What's up, guy?
15) Seeing Red Sox fans wretch at the mention of Wade Boggs on the horse in the Yankee Stadium is almost as funny as the episode of "Cheers" when Sam Malone and the rest of them "pantsed Wade Boggs."
16) I believe that after your favorite player retires or gets traded or signs elsewhere, there needs to be a one-year grace period before carefully selecting your next favorite player.
17) Swedish Fish, Mountain Dew make the world go round. Duct tape is a close third.
18) Twitter is the worst invention in history. Wait, how many characters was that?
Not long ago, women fighting inside the UFC's octagon seemed like the most far-fetched concept in the male-driven world of mixed martial arts. Heck, the president of the organization even said as much.
And there Dana White was on Wednesday, on a conference call, announcing that the UFC would be expanding its women's division to now include strawweights (115 pounds).
Invicta FC, an all-female...Read more »
UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre left MMA fans in the lurch in the moments after his split-decision win at UFC 167 last month.
After he won a split decision over Johny Hendricks, St-Pierre said he was stepping away from the sport for a while. He didn't say he was retiring.
This Friday, perhaps we'll get the answer. He'll be doing an appearance in Montreal, UFC president Dana...Read more »
At age 34, Urijah Faber is just days away from his fourth UFC fight of 2013. Not many fighters his age and with his pedigree stay that active, whether they are healthy or not.
The last time Faber fought four times in the same calendar year was 2007. He went 4-0 that year, all WEC featherweight title defenses, including a win over Dominick Cruz.
Six years later, Michael McDonald stands...Read more »