News, scoops, reviews and more from TV land.
Super Bowl XLVI: 111.3 million!
The numbers are starting to come in and they're looking very good: Last night's Super Bowl was the most viewed in history, and in fact, the most viewed television program in history -- 111.3 million watched start to finish, which explains why it was so quiet on the LIE last night.
111.3 million: That's more than a third of the country. (What was the other two-third's doing? I can't speak for them except to say that they did miss the greatest game and victory EVER. )
You've all heard of that Feb. 28, 1983 telecast of "M*A*S*H" -- not even in this league (seen by a mere 106 million.) Each Supe the last few years has in fact beat its predecessor, and total viewership has grown by 25 million or so the last few years.
Here's the list:
1. 111.3 Million -- Super Bowl XLVI, NBC (Last Night’s Game)
2. 111.0 Million -- Super Bowl XLV, Fox
3. 106.5 Million -- Super Bowl XLIV, CBS
4. 106.0 Million -- M.A.S.H. Finale, CBS
5. 98.7 Million -- Super Bowl XLIII, NBC