Fire destroys Ossining home on Hunter Street
OSSINING - A two-family home in Ossining was destroyed by a fire overnight, and firefghters were called back to the home this morning after hot sports started smoldering again.
Authorities say the home is so unstable that firefighters could not go inside to properly diffuse the hot spots. They say the house will have to be torn down.
Fire officials say the flames broke out at around 3:45 a.m. today at 49 Hunter St. It took more than four hours and nearly 60 firefighters from several area departments to get the blaze under control.
No one was inside the two-family house when the fire broke out. It’s believed that one of the families is away taking their child to college.
Fire officials say it looks as though the fire started in the porch area of the home, but they still do not know the cause of the flames.