Bloomingdale's preps for prom
Prom is on its way, and Bloomingdale's at Roosevelt Field mall in Garden City is bursting with dresses from popular brands such as BCBGMAXAZRIA, Nicole Miller, Aqua and more.
"Look for color or prints, a dress that shows off your shoulders, and try silhouettes that are nipped at the waist," says Stephanie Solomon, Bloomingdales' celebrity fashion director. "At the moment a dress with 50s flair looks current. The most important part is to feel confident and have fun."
Long Island high school students gathered at the store Saturday for a prom fashion show to try out the latest styles and hair and makeup looks.
More in Photos
- Celebrities at Coachella
- Way to Go kids
- Debbie Gibson through the years
- Easter eggs from around the world
- Child stars then and now
- Extreme Easter bonnets on Long Island, NYC
- LI Easter egg hunts 2014
- 20 same-sex wedding kisses across America
- Runners get ready for 2014 Boston Marathon
- 100 things every kid should do on LI
- 40 LIers spill on their favorite beers
- LI car accidents
- Daniel Radcliffe's many roles
- Lohan's highs and lows
- 'American Idol' Season 13 finals
- Animals on the loose on LI, in NY Kate Middleton's must-see looks
- 40 LIers spill on their favorite beers Pets waiting for adoption on LI
- Instagram photos of LI pets 39 delicious dessert recipes
- 5 cool places to buy vinyl in NYC Annapolis, Md.
- NYC weekend picks: The Big Egg Hunt Eco-friendly at home for Earth Day
- A look at high-tech bathroom add-ons 10 sales to hit this weekend
- 101 new stores on LI Prom fashion through the years
- Go green: Eco-friendly fashion and beauty Grilled cheese in NYC: 8 sandwiches to enjoy
- This year's hottest prom dress trends X-Team: Dog Days at Old Westbury Gardens
- Animals around the world 11 creative sandwich recipes
- Relics of NYC World's Fair Travel gear and gadgets for when you're on the go
- Good buys for foodies The beauty of Death Valley