Cyber Monday: Online holiday shopping guide
After surviving Sandy, and the powerless days and weeks that followed, who’s got energy (or patience) to deal with those lines at the mall? The packed parking lots? And gas prices? Let’s not even go there.
So Cyber Monday, for New Yorkers and others in the weather-weary metro area, may be especially appreciated this year. The Monday after Thanksgiving was nicknamed some years ago by online retailers eager to create their own version of Black Friday — a virtual kickoff to the holiday shopping season. Surf the web and you’ll find all kinds of deals and discounts.
At the website for A/X Armani Exchange — armaniexchange.com — shoppers can enjoy 35 percent off site-wide. At Keds.com, 30 percent off. Jewelry website jilzara.com, 50 percent — and each offers free shipping. You’ll score up to 70 percent off at Desigual.com, plus two “superdeals” at noon and 9 p.m. Even smaller sites join in, like humblechic.com, with 20 percent discounts (and free tote with purchase) or marticompany.com, where designer Marti Horowitz provides 25 percent off all jewelry. Time to get clicking….
-- Joseph V. Amodio
More in Photos
- LI car accidents
- Celebrity engagements and marriages
- Beyoncé & Jay Z
- 32 celebs you may not know are related
- Boston holds tribute on bombing anniversary
- David Letterman's notable guests
- Nearly 300 people missing in ferry crash
- Easter eggs from around the world
- Sean 'Diddy' Combs
- Recent LI mug shots
- #BostonStrong celebs & athletes
- 100 TV shows that made an impact
- Long Island on 'The Ultimate Fighter'
- This week's hot celebrity photos
- Buried on Long Island
- Prom fashion through the years Go green: Eco-friendly fashion and beauty
- NYC weekend picks: The Big Egg Hunt Grilled cheese in NYC: 8 sandwiches to devour
- 101 new stores on LI This year's hottest prom dress trends
- X-Team: Dog Days at Old Westbury Gardens Animals around the world
- Pets waiting for adoption on LI 11 creative sandwich recipes
- Relics of NYC World's Fair Travel gear and gadgets for when you're on the go
- Good buys for foodies 5 must-shop flea markets in NYC
- 'Mad Men' fashion at Sayville boutique 10 hot looks from Peter Som's Kohl's collection
- 38 delicious dessert recipes 15 graphic tops you need in your closet
- Instagram photos of LI pets London's 1st cat cafe
- Animal-induced game delays in sports 40 LIers spill on their favorite beers
- 5 quick getaways for Long Islanders 11 spring style trends