It's time to enter Kidsday's 34th Annual Art Contest. We encourage art classes and teachers to submit drawings done by their students. Compete within your age group for prizes of Kidsday T-shirts and the chance to have your artwork appear in Kidsday. Winners in each category will have their work featured in the Sunday, Dec. 23, issue of Kidsday. Even if you don't win, your drawings may appear in a future issue of Kidsday.
1. Kids through age 16 may enter.
2. Entries must be postmarked no later than Friday, Nov. 9. Each drawing must include your name, age, address, phone number, T-shirt size and category.
3. Drawings can be done in color. Use crayons, coloring pens, whatever you think will make your drawing look fantastic!
4. Enter as many categories and drawings as you like, but label each entry with the category, your name, age, address and telephone number.
5. Make your drawings on white, unlined 8-by-11-inch paper. Do not make drawings larger than this. (Hint: don't "fill" the entire page with your artwork.)
6. All drawings must be original. No copying allowed.
7. In each category, prizes of Kidsday T-shirts will be awarded in these four age groups: to age 6, ages 7 to 9, ages 10 to 12, and ages 13 through 16.
8. Artwork will not be returned.
Animals: Draw your favorite animals, house pets, zoo animals and wildlife.
Getting along: Everyday situations, including family gatherings, school yards, kids playing, romance, brothers and sisters, friendships, listening to music, etc.
Music: Draw musical instruments, your favorite rock, classical, dance, rap or country musicians, people dancing, DJs, albums or kids listening to music on their iPods.
Portraits: Draw your favorite celebrity, comedian, politician, actor or sports star.
Sports: People playing a sport, equipment, fans, seasonal sports, famous sports stars in action.
Kidsday Art Contest
235 Pinelawn Rd.
Melville, NY 11747-4250
Include your name, age, address, telephone number and T-shirt size. Good luck!