The year 2011 was packed with fun-filled movies for all ages. Here are some of the top movies we feel are suited for kids our age (not in any specific order):
2. "Rio" The movie Rio is about a bird named Blu who is looking for a girl. It was entertaining, exciting and loveable.
Christmas" Santa comes back home to the North Pole to be with his son, Arthur. Arthur discovers that Santa forgot to deliver a gift to a child in England so Arthur and his grandpa take a journey to deliver the present before the sun comes up.
4. "The Muppets" One of the funniest movies of the year is The Muppets. The Muppets go on an adventure to save their movie theater from being destroyed and taken over by a relentless oil company owner. The songs in the movies were spectacular. The movie was full of surprises that kept the audience in suspense.
Gnomeo and Juliet" This animated movie is about red and blue gnomes who are always fighting. That is until a red gnome and a blue gnome spot a flower and fall in love. After that, there is nothing but trouble! We loved this movie, it was funny, exciting and teaches a great lesson about friendship.
6. "Soul Surfer" This movie was about Bethany Hamilton, a girl who loved to surf. Shed been surfing ever since she was young. One day she goes surfing with her friends and gets attacked by a shark. She was rushed to the hospital and ends up losing her left arm. Despite this setback, she ends up going back on the surfboard and becomes an even more amazing surfer.
7. "Dolphin Tale" ranks high on our charts. It is about a dolphin named Winter whose tail had to get cut off by a marine biologist because it got caught in a net. Later, a boy named Sawyer made a special connection with Winter. Sawyer came up with an idea to try to get a new tail for Winter. So his cousin Kyle had his doctor make it. After three attempts with the new tail, they were finally successful. The movie is based on a true story and is very touching.
China to stop an evil peacock from terrorizing the city. While on the mission, Po finds out that his father is still still alive. This story is sad and happy at the same time. We loved it!
9. "Just Go With It" This Adam Sandler movie ranks high on our list. He has a wacky idea on how to win a girl and brings in a lot of people to help him with his plan. If you like love stories, this is a movie for you.
10. "Twilight Movie: Breaking Dawn" will keep you on your toes. It starts with Edward and Bella's wedding and she discovers she is pregnant with a vampire baby. This is when the movie takes a turn! If you haven't seen it, you are missing out on something exciting!
11. "The Help" This movie takes place in the '60s and is about a young lady, Skeeter, who returns home to Mississippi. "The Help" is a very touching movie and teaches a lesson that all people are equal no matter what race or color.