While 2012 was the year of some great fashion trends we'll always remember, these celebrities wore looks we wish we could forget. From dresses made of hair and possibly shredded garbage bags to outfits that revealed far more than anyone wanted to see, here are 12 terrible fashion moments of the year. -- Nina Ruggiero
2. Micaela Schaefer at the Men In Black 3 Germany premiere
Not only did this attention-grabbing model's dress look like it was made of VHS tape or shredded garbage bags, but it unsurprisingly did not hold up against even the slightest breeze, if you know what we mean.
3. Ke$ha on NBC's "Today" show
Messing with an army jacket AND wearing a see-through, upside-down cross? Looks like Ke$ha was trying to see how many people she could offend with just one outfit.
4. Miley Cyrus at the Borgore's "Christmas Creampies" concert
OK, Miley, we get it. You don't work for Disney anymore.
5. Nicki Minaj at her Pink Friday fragrance launch in Sydney, Australia
Nicki Minaj always pushes the envelope, but this look was too dowdy for the usually fresh, funky star. As fashion bloggers Tom and Lorenzo put it, "She looks like a cheap bedding factory exploded all over her."
6. Sasha Gradiva at the 2012 Grammy Awards
Metallic accessories? Cute. Guns as accessories? Creepy.
7. Kanye West performing at the 12-12-12 Hurricane Sandy benefit concert
Leather skirts might look good on the musician's girlfriend, Kim Kardashian, but Kanye's fashion attempt was so bad it bore its own Twitter handle.
8. Brooke Hogan at the 2012 MTV Movie Awards
It's important to keep the cut classy when wearing something as flashy as sequins. Brooke, 24, looked like a teenager sneaking into a Miami nightclub in this midriff-baring mini-dress.
9. Robyn at the 2012 Grammy Awards
The Swedish singer may have an original sense of style, but the awkward cut and fabric of this Calvin Klein skirt paired with what looks like an oversized Hanes T-shirt and chunky platform shoes was just not flattering.
10. Heidi Klum at the MTV Europe Music Awards
The first of eight Versace dresses Heidi wore as host was far too busy and distracted from her natural beauty. And yes, we have to say it, no 39-year-old mother of four should be showing that much skin. Not even Heidi Klum.
11. Fergie at the 2012 Grammy Awards
The singer's Jean Paul Gaultier couture gown would have been stunning and on trend with a slip underneath, but the totally exposed granny panties are a deal breaker.