Inside 'Punk: Chaos to Couture' at the Met
You're greeted by a mannequin giving an arm gesture usually reserved for drivers on the LIE. The final mannequin flips you the bird. In between, you've got garbage-bag gowns, graffiti'd urinals, flashing lights, raucous music. Wait, are we really at the Metropolitan Museum of Art? Yes, thanks to the Costume Institute's latest exhibit, "Punk: Chaos to Couture," which runs through Aug. 14, and which the Met no doubt hopes will be as popular as the 2011 Alexander McQueen record-breaker.
- Animals on the loose on LI, in NY Kate Middleton's must-see looks
- 40 LIers spill on their favorite beers Pets waiting for adoption on LI
- Instagram photos of LI pets 39 delicious dessert recipes
- 5 cool places to buy vinyl in NYC Annapolis, Md.
- NYC weekend picks: The Big Egg Hunt Eco-friendly at home for Earth Day
- A look at high-tech bathroom add-ons 10 sales to hit this weekend
- 101 new stores on LI Prom fashion through the years
- Go green: Eco-friendly fashion and beauty Grilled cheese in NYC: 8 sandwiches to enjoy
- This year's hottest prom dress trends X-Team: Dog Days at Old Westbury Gardens
- Animals around the world 11 creative sandwich recipes
- Relics of NYC World's Fair Travel gear and gadgets for when you're on the go
- Good buys for foodies The beauty of Death Valley