Kids of New York athletes model Jordan, Nike
Rookie USA opened its first U.S. store in Manhattan last week, a concept store focused on athletic apparel and footwear for kids 13 and younger.
The store has an iPad bar, Xbox Kinects sports gaming station and a rookie card kiosk where kids can make their own sports card. The center of the store is a life-sized virtual version of New York Knick Carmelo Anthony, who has a collection for Jordan that is sold there.
Children of New York athletes like Yankee CC Sabathia and Knick Amare Stoudemire walked the runway showing off styles the store carries from Nike, Jordan, Converse and more.
Where: 808 Columbus Ave., Manhattan
- 40 LIers spill on their favorite beers Pets waiting for adoption on LI
- Instagram photos of LI pets 39 delicious dessert recipes
- 5 cool places to buy vinyl in NYC Annapolis, Md.
- NYC weekend picks: The Big Egg Hunt Eco-friendly at home for Earth Day
- A look at high-tech bathroom add-ons 10 sales to hit this weekend
- 101 new stores on LI Prom fashion through the years
- Go green: Eco-friendly fashion and beauty Grilled cheese in NYC: 8 sandwiches to enjoy
- This year's hottest prom dress trends X-Team: Dog Days at Old Westbury Gardens
- Animals around the world 11 creative sandwich recipes
- Relics of NYC World's Fair Travel gear and gadgets for when you're on the go
- Good buys for foodies The beauty of Death Valley
- 5 must-shop flea markets in NYC 'Mad Men' fashion at Sayville boutique