Long Island Marathon: Top runners' favorite shoes
Whether you're a marathon runner or just starting out, wearing the right sneakers is key before you hit the track.
We asked some of the best runners from the 2010 to 2012 Long Island Marathons for their top running shoe recommendations.
Dan and Shaun McGrath, speedy brothers from Lynbrook who are both past winners, said they prefer something lightweight but with enough support to run serious distances. Lindsey Block of Huntington's feet felt free as she finished before every other woman in 2012 in her non-constricting Brooks Green Silence shoes.
Check out their recommendations and the picks of other men and women who have been among the first to cross the finish line.
-- Nina Ruggiero
- | View all
User rating:(1) Click to rate
- The Grow Anywhere truck visits Brentwood 28 ways to wear white after Memorial Day
- 45 tech-savvy options in fashion Maternity style: Celeb tips for moms-to-be
- New placemat designs Summer swimwear trends for the whole family
- 18 tasty, healthy vegetarian recipes 5 Memorial Day weekend getaways
- Summer style: What's hot at Ooh La La boutiques 16 flavorful poultry recipes
- 17 grilling and barbecue recipes Kate Spade, 75 other new stores on LI
- What They're Wearing: UJA Spring Event Travel photographs from around the world
- Amtrak's Coast Starlight Celebrities and dogs -- and celebrity dogs
- Contemporary Furniture Fair highlights 6 must-sees in Prospect Park
- A budget-minded living and dining room makeover 17 seafood recipes for easy, restaurant-quality meals
- Shanghai, China 7 annuals that will grow tall in no time at all
- 7 great annuals for sunny spots Your pet photos