Miami Swim Fashion Week: Wild styles for 2013
MIAMI BEACH -- The latest swimwear takes a nod from the past, from high-waist briefs and the pinup girl look of the 1950s to the Studio 54 and Dolce Vita eras of the '60s and '70s.
Retro-inspired looks were seen throughout the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim 2013 in Miami Beach, where more than two dozen designers showcased their latest collections. The five-day event that ends Monday also cemented some new trends, including crochet, foliage prints, ruffles and fringe.
Also making a splash next summer will be the one-piece and cowgirl-themed suits, boots and all. For the wild-chic look, snakeskin is the animal print to choose.
-- The Associated Press
- | View all
Be the first to rate:Click to rate
- Holiday cookie recipes Top 10 cookbooks of 2013
- 98 new stores on LI Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013
- Top 10 buzz-worthy new, improved shops of 2013 Top 10 fashion moments (and trends) of 2013
- Holiday gifts for the home Your pets dressed for the holidays
- Holiday gifts that give back LI pets pose with Santa
- Smithtown pets for adoption Ski travel deals
- Visit Antwerp Great travel gear and gadgets
- Help find these lost LI pets Graffiti art in New York City
- 15 ways to wear orchid, the color of 2014 Holiday gifts for grandparents and elderly parents
- Celeriac, other good foodie buys Holiday events in NYC
- NYC holiday window displays Your pet photos
- A country-style dining room makeover Big Sur