Miami Swim Fashion Week: Wild styles for 2013
MIAMI BEACH -- The latest swimwear takes a nod from the past, from high-waist briefs and the pinup girl look of the 1950s to the Studio 54 and Dolce Vita eras of the '60s and '70s.
Retro-inspired looks were seen throughout the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim 2013 in Miami Beach, where more than two dozen designers showcased their latest collections. The five-day event that ends Monday also cemented some new trends, including crochet, foliage prints, ruffles and fringe.
Also making a splash next summer will be the one-piece and cowgirl-themed suits, boots and all. For the wild-chic look, snakeskin is the animal print to choose.
-- The Associated Press
- | View all
Be the first to rate:Click to rate
- New car rental app, other traval gadgets Cruise ships, big and small
- Spring styles, swimsuits, 10 sales this weekend Good buys for foodies
- NYC weekend picks: Children's film fest Animals around the world
- 10 cute swimsuits, sunglasses for spring break Travel photographs from around the world
- 21 flavorful poultry recipes Your pet photos
- 24 tasty, healthy vegetarian recipes 23 pets waiting for adoption on LI
- Costumes of Downton Abbey 17 things to wear on St. Patrick's Day
- 13 easy appetizers Instagram photos of LI pets
- Nevis Island Bring the high-gloss trend home
- Spring fashion trend: Wide-leg pants 11 NYC Restaurant Week deals you can't miss
- 18 fashion moments from the Sochi Olympics 11 savory salmon recipes
- Milwaukee Brewer Hank A chic, but dog-friendly, bedroom makeover