Readers get creative with funky manicures
Break out the bright polish and bring on the glitter, because the hottest nails right now are anything but neutral. While for some a fresh manicure is about looking neat and polished, for others it's more about having fun.
Nails have become mini-canvases for popular fashion trends, from neon and ombre to color blocking and animal prints. With artistic skills and a steady hand at their disposal (or a really artistic manicurist), many even opt for intricate designs inspired by their favorite movies, holidays and designer brands.
We asked readers to send us their most creative designs, all of which prove that since matching is no longer part of the criteria, 10 fingers equal endless possibilities.
PHOTOS: Meet the artists behind the nails
VOTE: Celebs' wild nails
SHARE: Show us your best manicures
- | View all
Be the first to rate:Click to rate
- Instagram photos of LI pets 18 comfort food recipes
- New car rental app, other traval gadgets Cruise ships, big and small
- Spring styles, swimsuits, 10 sales this weekend Good buys for foodies
- NYC weekend picks: Children's film fest Animals around the world
- 10 cute swimsuits, sunglasses for spring break Travel photographs from around the world
- 21 flavorful poultry recipes Your pet photos
- 24 tasty, healthy vegetarian recipes 23 pets waiting for adoption on LI
- Costumes of Downton Abbey 17 things to wear on St. Patrick's Day
- 13 easy appetizers Nevis Island
- Bring the high-gloss trend home Spring fashion trend: Wide-leg pants
- 11 NYC Restaurant Week deals you can't miss 18 fashion moments from the Sochi Olympics
- 11 savory salmon recipes Milwaukee Brewer Hank