Swimsuit trends for summer 2014
After a particularly dreary winter, the warm weather has finally arrived, and with it come the prospect of beach and pool days a plenty.
Get ready for summer with some of the season's hottest styles, sure to make waves in and out of the water.
1. Go graphic(Credit: Old Navy, Maaji, Bloomingdale's, Ted Baker)
Stand out on the sand in a geometric or graphic-print suit. These prints are edgy, cool and flattering, so get ready for some major stares ? and compliments.
1. Old Navy one-piece, $32.24; at Old Navy stores
2. Maaji Swimwear bikini, $132.50 for the set; at Pesca Boutique
3. BECCA by Rebecca Virtue halter top (avail. in D cup), $68, and bottom, $54; at Bloomingdale's
4. Ted Baker bikini, $65 (top), $55 (bottom); both at Ted Baker
2. Sporty and stylish(Credit: J. Crew, Cynthia Rowley, Intermix)
You don?t have to be a surfer or beach volleyball pro to rock one of summer?s hot athletic-inspired styles. Everything from zipper detailing to fashion-forward rashguards are the rage.
1. J.Crew rashguard, $54; at jcrew.com
2. Cynthia Rowley rashguard, $195; at Cynthia Rowley
3. Lisa Marie Fernandez scuba bodysuit, $395; at Intermix stores
3. Color theory(Credit: Everything But Water, OndadeMar, Target)
A solid swimsuit is always a must-have, but if your go-to is black, try something bold and equally sophisticated this summer: A suit in a rich, saturated hue like fuchsia or royal blue.
1. Profile by Gottex swimdress, $128; at Everything But Water
2. OndadeMar monokini, $194; at ondademar.com
3. Xhilaration bikini top, $14.99, and bottom, $14.99; at Target stores
4. Peek-a-boo(Credit: Mara Hoffman, Zimmermann, 6 Shore Road, Vitamin A)
Get playful and sexy with cut-out detailing. Bare as little (or as much) as your comfort zone allows, as this season?s cut-outs range from ultra-daring to subtly sultry.
1. Mara Hoffman lace-up one-piece, $236; at marahoffman.com
2. Zimmermann bikini, $280; at Zimmermann
3.6 Shore Road one-piece, $138; at Saks Fifth Avenue
4. Vitamin A bikini, $88 (top), $75 (bottom) at southbeachswimsuits.com