Beer and bacon potato salad
Related media13 amazing bacon recipes 16 quick and delicious recipes for summer 25 delicious barbecue recipes 39 refreshing, warm-weather cocktails 38 delicious dessert recipes 8 refreshing summer salads
BEER AND BACON POTATO SALAD
Makes 6-8 servings.
3 bottles Samuel Adams Boston Lager
3 pounds baby potatoes
1 package bacon
1/2 red onion, diced
Half head celery, diced
1 bunch scallions
1/4 bunch dill
16 ounces mayonnaise
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
3 dashes red wine vinegar
1. Bring a large pot of Samuel Adams Boston Lager to a boil. Add the potatoes, and boil in beer for about 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and let cool. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil, and hard boil the eggs for about 12 minutes. Let eggs cool.
3. In a large sheet pan, cook the bacon at 375 degrees until crispy, and then dice. Set aside.
4. Once eggs are cool, peel and chop.
5. In a large bowl, mix diced red onion, 1 bunch finely sliced scallions, diced celery, diced bacon, chopped eggs, and dill.
6. Once potatoes are cool, add to bowl of ingredients and smash together so they are half mashed.
7. Add all wet ingredients, salt and pepper and mix well. Add about a tablespoon of the bacon grease for a little added flavor.
Recipe by developed by Food Network Star chef Michele Ragussis for Samuel Adams.